If that's the only thing wrong with it,$2500 is a good price. The carb is pretty easy to work on. It might just be something as simple as a loose air boot conection, or clogged jet. I just sold my '06 250 XC for $2400, no problem. This is 4 yrs. newer, so....

The guy bought it at the end of the last riding seasons and now wants to sell or trade it for a nicer bike over a carb issue?   Smells pretty fishy to me.  You better be sure it's just a carb issue before buying.  

The guy bought it at the end of the last riding seasons and now wants to sell or trade it for a nicer bike over a carb issue? Smells pretty fishy to me. You better be sure it's just a carb issue before buying.

I read that as the tires were bought new at the end of last riding season. If so that's a good deal provided everything else checks out. As always with craigslist deals, buyer beware. Look it over good. A brand new top end does not have 5 hours on it, it has 0 hours. Besides, all CL bikes have "new top ends" with only a couple hours on them. Edited by zderekv
  • Like 1

I read that as the tires were bought new at the end of last riding season.

You are correct.  I misread it.  That makes me worry less about it.

• Like 1

You are correct. I misread it. That makes me worry less about it.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. LOL!

• Like 1