Front brake caliper question.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1461275034.268395.jpg I was curious about the bracket that part 12 screws into. Is that bracket supposed to be removed freely from the caliper? Mine seems to be seized up. I noticed it when I was putting new brake pads on. Edited by Kylec1720

Its one of the caliper slide pins. It screws into the dog leg for the caliper the slides through the caliper itself.

I've unscrewed part 12 and tried to take it off and still same issue. It seems like part 11 is seized up there's not way to unscrew that pin.

Edited by Kylec1720

11 is also a slide pin but that one screws into the caliper itself. You may need a little more leverage bit it should unscrew. You can buy replacement slide pins for stuff all money if they dont cooperate

Edited by shawno19860

11 is also a slide pin but that one screws into the caliper itself. You may need a little more leverage bit it should unscrew. You can buy replacement slide pins for stuff all money if they dont cooperate

yeah I understand that 11 should unscrew but the only way I can unscrew it is if the bracket it off. That's the problem I can't slide the bracket off. I unscrewed part 12 because I had a location to get a wrench on it.

You may need to slide them apart with some leverage if theyre not coming apart as they should freely slide apart from each other. I had some really stiff ones one day and ended up use the brake lever pressure with a block of wood to seperate them. Just make sure you remove the pad retaining pin!

Edited by shawno19860