What are people paying for crf250l's these days

2016 model, is MSRP ($5k) and no destination/assembly charge a reasonable price? Plus title/tax/tags?

Bought 2015 in December for $4,800 OTD Charlotte, NC

Last month I paid $4700 before taxes/title/tags for a new 2015 in south Florida.

My local dealer quoted me $4800 + tax/tag for a 2015 he has in stock. $5100 + tax/tag for a 2016 model he can have within a couple days.

MSRP said $4,999.00 on the sticker of my new 2016. I walked in and I handed over.. fifty-six $one-hundred dollar bills from out of my back pocket for as my OTD price.

Thats more than what I would have paid for the same bike, a 2016 model, at another different dealer a little more than an hours drive away from my Home. Not by much, but if I were to have made that drive, I would have been able to pay $5,400.00 as their OTD price.

What I got instead though.. was my CRF250L to my front door in as little time as it took for the mechanics to prep me my bike. A set of pillow-top grips thrown in the mix for free. My first service & oil change (which they still claim Honda requires looking at the valves for any needed adjustments.. I know that it's not rrequired). I usually do all of my own work, but thought that it was cool to get the free oil change. I changed the oil once allready though before the 600 mile service when my odometer hit 200 miles just because I wanted to change out the original oil earlier.

So, thats the story. I got my 2016 OTD for $5,600.00 cash. I got it with some free grips & the 600 mile first service thrown in too.

$4,800 out the door new 2016 CRF250L Texas dealer, 1 mile on the odo.

5,400 out the door 2015

I paid $5,500 OTD for a 2015 back in October

US$4,881.34 (229,000 Peso's), 2015 out the door in the Philippines.

$4000, just under $4500 out the door on a new just delivered 2014 in Charlotte. I used to work at the dealer so I got a slightly better price.

I got mine yesterday at Pete's cycle in Baltimore.   $5360 out the door, including registration, plate and taxes.  Still have to get inspected in PA.   This was for a 2016 CRF250l.  It was $500 less than I could find in PA.  Kind of made the trip down there worthwhile.

I got mine yesterday at Pete's cycle in Baltimore.   $5360 out the door, including registration, plate and taxes.  Still have to get inspected in PA.   This was for a 2016 CRF250l.  It was $500 less than I could find in PA.  Kind of made the trip down there worthwhile.

Lol! I actually called them yesterday. They have ads on craigslist with new prices from $3999 to $4399. He said he no longer had the $3999 one, of course (it had a specific vin# listed so he could say just that). He did offer one for the $4399, so I asked for an out the door price and it tallied up to the ballpark of what you paid (which is basically MSRP + tax and tags here in NC). He named off fee after fee until I quit listening. Am I the only one who is put off by this tactic? If you are charging fees (that they insist EVERYONE has to pay), then why not figure those fees into your ADVERTISED price? Seems to blur the boundaries of false advertising to me....but what do I know?

Doc and setup fees? Its a motorcycle dealership, sales documents and new bike setups are all they have to do! :banghead:

If you go buy groceries at the grocery store, do they tally fees for the truck freight, the stock boy, the bag boy, and the clerk at the register? No, it is factored into the price of the groceries.

Sorry for the rant....just needed to vent....I'm told it is therapeutic. :thumbsup:

Edited by mudslideslim

I got my leftover 2015 for $5220 out the door.

Lol! I actually called them yesterday. They have ads on craigslist with new prices from $3999 to $4399. He said he no longer had the $3999 one, of course (it had a specific vin# listed so he could say just that). He did offer one for the $4399, so I asked for an out the door price and it tallied up to the ballpark of what you paid (which is basically MSRP + tax and tags here in NC). He named off fee after fee until I quit listening. Am I the only one who is put off by this tactic? If you are charging fees (that they insist EVERYONE has to pay), then why not figure those fees into your ADVERTISED price? Seems to blur the boundaries of false advertising to me....but what do I know?

Doc and setup fees? Its a motorcycle dealership, sales documents and new bike setups are all they have to do! :banghead:

If you go buy groceries at the grocery store, do they tally fees for the truck freight, the stock boy, the bag boy, and the clerk at the register? No, it is factored into the price of the groceries.

Sorry for the rant....just needed to vent....I'm told it is therapeutic. :thumbsup:

I got the same deal, got ticked off at the add on's and went local to try and match the price.   Closest I got was $300 more.   Then Pete's lowered the price again another $200 and I got the deal I got.   It is a game, get a price and walk away, they will come back with a better deal.   At least they did for me.

I got a smoking deal on a 3 month old 2015 with 3000 km for $4000 cdn cash.

That's real good. I paid 4300$ CAD, for a demo bike with around 3k km.

Edited by lmavin

Right on.. it's always nice finding deals then u can put the money u saved towards some goodies ;)

Edited by Freshane

$5500 OTD with CA stupid high registration fee and 9% sales tax.    

I just paid $4638 out the door for a 2016. Tax and license to come later.

$4,900 out the door with a 4 year registration and the title work. No sales tax here in Oregon.