Oversized rotor fitment

Will the new 270mm rotor on the YZ450F/250F bolt up to a hub from a 2013 YZ125?  Compared hub part numbers between bikes and they are different, so not sure if this will work.

The hub part numbers are likely different due to different diameter axles on the new 4t bikes. Even if the disk does bolt up how are you going to mount the caliper? You would either need to make a custom bracket or use the 4t forks and caliper...and still not sure all that would work.

The hub part numbers are likely different due to different diameter axles on the new 4t bikes. Even if the disk does bolt up how are you going to mount the caliper? You would either need to make a custom bracket or use the 4t forks and caliper...and still not sure all that would work.

I would buy an aftermarket bracket for an oversized rotor.  Lots of companies make them, I can get the OEM rotor much cheaper than an aftermarket one though.

Will the new 270mm rotor on the YZ450F/250F bolt up to a hub from a 2013 YZ125?  Compared hub part numbers between bikes and they are different, so not sure if this will work.

Good job on your homework! :thumbsup:

My thought is to check to see if the part number of the older F rotor (before Yamaha went to a 270mm rotor) is the same as the 2-stroke rotor.

Then see if the 4-stroke hub is the same for both years (before & after the 270mm rotor).

If the brake disc is the same, and if the hub is the same, then you have your answer.

I did some digging around in the parts lists and found...

The 2008 thru 2015 F bikes use the same front disc (p/n 5XC-2581T-G0-00) as the 2008 - 2016 2-strokes.

In 2014 & 2015 the F bikes went to the new (p/n 1SL-25111-00-00) hub, but stayed with the "old" front rotor.

Therefore, the 2016 4-stroke oversized disc (p/n B11-2581T-00-00) will work on the older 2-stroke (and 4-stroke) front wheels.