Are expensive graphic kits worth the money?

So I would like to get new plastics for my bike with graphics but I was wondering if it's really worth spending $250 on a nice graphic kit with seat cover. I just got back into riding since I was a kid and never bought any expensive graphics. I don't want to spend that much money for it to get all messed up after a season of riding.

It's personal preference really. Will they make you ride faster or better?

Unless you're gong full custom kit I can't see it being 250$. Any of the team replica kits are like 100$ I think. I run custom ones but I would definitely not if It cost 250$ for me to do so. Graphics will protect the plastic. I pull them off before selling a bike and the plastic underneath stays fresh.

I was looking at going with grecos retro replica kit for $185 and the seat cover is $65. But not sure if that's really worth it and the more I think about it I really don't want to spend that kind of money for dirt bike graphics. Seems pricy for something that's going to get scratched up over time.

A good quality seat cover is nice to have. I done my bike over the winter with new plastic kit, seat cover, and graphics. I just went with rocky mountain mc graphics because they were cheap and I'm not very picky. If I remember right Dennis kirt sells graphic kits that come with a seat cover for a pretty decent price. Seems like they had monster energy and rock star with a gripper seat cover if my memory is correct. I think it's more of a personal preference when it comes to graphics. Some like more bling then others. I'd rather save my money for parts and quality ridding gear then expensive graphics but thats just me. I'd also take into account how long you plan to keep your bike.

Seat cover is definitely an upgrade over stock. I just replaced all my plastics, graphics and seat cover and I went with a full custom kit from decal works. It was pricey, but I needed a full custom kit. If I hadn't needed the custom kit I would have gone with something cheaper. It's personal preference aside from a gripper seat.

You make a valid point fifth wheel. And the seat cover with the retro kit is purple so I doesn't exactly go with much else. And If I decided to sell the bike in a year or two then I'm out that money. The bike is new to me this year and is my first 4 stroke. I went from a 250 2t to my 250f. So I still need I figure out if this is the bike I want to keep for awhile. Best part is the suspension has already been revalved so I'm hoping I like this 250f and grow to adjust to the lack of power lol.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1461340725.856096.jpg

This is what I had in mind except once the graphics get ruined I'm stuck with a purple seat cover that doesn't go well with much other than this.

If you don't have to buy the latest and greatest, find a complete kit on closeout.  They can be had super cheap.  I've seen graphics kits without a seat cover for under $30 and you can get a black seat cover for under $30 as well.  I will say that Decal Works graphics are expensive but very well made and you can order single pieces later if you mess something up.  So for maybe $30 you can replace a radiator shroud graphic that matches your kit if just that section gets scuffed.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1461354588.484302.jpg

I'm thinking about this kit on eBay with seat cover for $130. I know it's the overplayed monster factory but still looks good and is made by Nstyle.

You can actually run a bike with no graphics on it whatsoever.  Goes just as fast with just plain old green plastic on it.

You can actually run a bike with no graphics on it whatsoever. Goes just as fast with just plain old green plastic on it.

it's the numbers that make it faster.It turns it in to a race bike after you apply the numbers.

Actually my 01 KX 250 i rode last year did not have any graphics at all. Problem is that 3 of my local tracks are sand and I tore up a set of plastics after crashing a few times so I need to go with graphics this time around. Besides they add like 20 hp so why not.

Actually my 01 KX 250 i rode last year did not have any graphics at all. Problem is that 3 of my local tracks are sand and I tore up a set of plastics after crashing a few times so I need to go with graphics this time around. Besides they add like 20 hp so why not.

If it's only for protection and you know they're going to get torn up anyway why would you spend $250 on graphics? But a couple sets of cheapo eBay specials to keep your plastics in good shape and spend the rest on tires, filters and gas. Save that factory bling crap for the sponsored bikes.

Just my 2 cents but to each his own. Personally, I remove all graphics from my bike. Gives it that Jeffrey Dahmer look.

graphique - French for fancy stickers.

By the way, thanks for serving.

Edited by zderekv

I hear u on that one Z. I know the monster graphics are blinged out sponsored stuff but it looks cool lol. Last summer was my first time back riding since 2003 when I had my 94 KX 250 with less than appealing after market graphics lol. I guess my main question was would $250 graphics be made better and last longer than $100 graphics?

Oh and thanks Z for noticing.

I guess my main question was would $250 graphics be made better and last longer than $100 graphics?

Lol, NOPE! Different companies use different thicknesses of vinyl, but they're all pretty much the same.

Hahaha that answers my question lol. Thanks 40.

Hahaha that answers my question lol. Thanks 40.

I e heard of some crap quality stuff coming from decal works lately