Enduro boots vs mx boots

I'm looking for a new pair of boots and was wondering what the differences are between mx boots and enduro boots?

I'm looking for a new pair of boots and was wondering what the differences are between mx boots and enduro boots?

The sole is the difference.  Enduro boots have a lugged sole to help with traction when off the bike.  Also, I'm not familiar with any enduro boots based off the high end boots other than the optional enduro sole for Sidi's with the SRS system.

• Like 1

The sole is the difference. Enduro boots have a lugged sole to help with traction when off the bike. Also, I'm not familiar with any enduro boots based off the high end boots other than the optional enduro sole for Sidi's with the SRS system.

Ok thanks

I have the sidi crossfire 2 srs.

I have installed the enduro sole. That sole is flat out spectacular.

The boot is número UNO, gold standard. I have a set of gaerne sg11 that I like...almost as much.

If you bargain hunt carefully, you can score them for about 385, instead of full retail nearly 600. I'd tell you , but then I'd have to kill you.

• Like 3

Alpine stars makes an enduro 7.. I tried some on but didn't think they were that great.

Sidi xfire 2 srs are very very nice I had some, but if you have wide feet your out of luck with them.. Believe me I tried. They will never break in and get wider.

I now wear Gaerne sg12s. No not enduro boots but I haven't had an issue. All I do is enduro type stuff. They are top of the line IMO in protection and comfort is simply amazing . My next pair will be the same, I like them so much.

• Like 1

Im in Canada and gaerne is ridiculously expensive. I wish I could get a pair of sg12s but I can't afford to spend 900$ on boots. I will probably end up getting the gaerne gx-1 or react

I have the sidi crossfire 2 srs.

If you bargain hunt carefully, you can score them for about 385, instead of full retail nearly 600. I'd tell you , but then I'd have to kill you.

Cough it up, I've been looking awhile without success

I've ridden long enough to have experienced the evolution of riding boots from logging cork and lineman boots, to the leather riding boots, and now the evolution of plastic boots from rigid to hinged ankles.

SIDI Crossfires with optional Enduro soles, best and safest off road boots I have used, worth every penny of cost! :thumbsup:

Edited by Chuck.

Last 3 boots I've been on we're Tech 6, size 9. Normal foot, not wide or narrow, would the 9.5 Sidi crossfire 2 be the same?

I can not find a local dealer that carries them and will be ordering online

What about Forma Terrains? They are the ones I'm seriously looking at to replace my current MX boots.

I'll take a look! Thanks for the help.

I've said this before but for those looking for Sidi brand boots check out Ebay.  I bought a new pair for a decent price from a company in Germany and had them in less than 5 days.  I would not buy used off Ebay as I had a bad experience.  

What about Forma Terrains?  They are the ones I'm seriously looking at to replace my current MX boots.

I just got a set of Forma Terra's. I havent ridden them yet but im extremely impressed so far especially for the money. Theyre alot lighter than I thought they would be. I wanted a lugged sole and they made these so that it will still slide with your foot out vs the other forma lugged soles which are more work boot like. I didnt want a mx style boot because i only ride trails & like to do some exploring so some soul with grip is what I wanted.