Confirm Stator Faulty XL600R

Hi Guz

i having problems with my XL on the first carb opening alone the bike has no power only when the second carb opens there is life in the beast i have cleaned and cleaned the carbs. So i measured the Stator can a faulty stator cause this type of problem???

i am measuring between the Exciter coil (black and red wire) and ground should be between 230 and 320 ohm in the picture is 731 ohm

Regards

Oupoot

7694b69b-66c8-42f8-afc9-84bfb8f56975_zps

Edited by Oupoot

Hi

Thanks for the replay it would be easy if i where closer to the USA  :cry:  but i am gonna try and get my hands on one, do the Ricky Stator have a higher wattage output than the stock 230W?

and do you think that the stator could cause performance issues on low rpm that could misdiagnose a carburator? (i see you have done a lot of rebuilds) :thumbsup:

Thanks

Regards

Oupoot

I don't know the output. No spec's listed on their web site. I would have to call them and ask and also see if they ship out of country. If not I could buy it and then ship it to you. Unfortunately I would have to pay sales tax of $12.00. Shipping to me is free.

http://www.rickystator.com/product/stators/honda/honda-xl600r-stator-assembly

And yes, a faulty ignition coil could confuse your tuning attempts.

Edited by mcma111

I don't know the output. No spec's listed on their web site. I would have to call them and ask and also see if they ship out of country. If not I could buy it and then ship it to you. Unfortunately I would have to pay sales tax of $12.00. Shipping to me is free.

http://www.rickystator.com/product/stators/honda/honda-xl600r-stator-assembly

And yes, a faulty ignition coil could confuse your tuning attempts.

Thanks for your willingness to help!

it much appreciated but unfortunately your US Dollar is totally screwing our third world currency at the moment (1Dollar for 15 Rand) :lol: 

and that part is now insanely expensive first gonna try to get maybe a second hand one locally the last and probably the outcome will be a Ricky one just gonna try something else!

Thanks

Oupoot

hi

i found a local shop that could help me i have not yet install the new Stator but it looks good for 58 Dollars he rewind the old Stator completely not to bad i think

Regards

Oupoot

0229460C-FDDF-483E-84ED-33DF29E7685F_zps

Ive rewound the stock stator on my 95 600r. I only feed spark off it now. I have a DC lighting system not attached to the bikes electronics.

Not that I had any issues before but a rewind is good.

My 88 600r has a Ricky with all lights and spark running off it. I like Ricky, product and customer service.

But I sending you good vibes my man. A rewind should help. Especially if he used a thicker gauge wire and looped more tabs.

I had a mysterious intermittent low power issue that I was sure was carb plugging just before my stator died altogether.  After the stator I had no issues ever again, and they had been pretty frequent prior.

I had a mysterious intermittent low power issue that I was sure was carb plugging just before my stator died altogether.  After the stator I had no issues ever again, and they had been pretty frequent prior.

Man that is exactly my problem i have been cleaning that carbs over and over again till my eyes bleed i have measured the coil before but it measured correctly in the bike when i removed it from the bike it gave me an incorrect reading :facepalm: it had to the oil in the bike that was isolating the damage wires in the coil now that it is dry the resistance measured accurately as you can see the black lobe

Regards

Oupoot

Edited by Oupoot

Ive rewound the stock stator on my 95 600r. I only feed spark off it now. I have a DC lighting system not attached to the bikes electronics.

Not that I had any issues before but a rewind is good.

My 88 600r has a Ricky with all lights and spark running off it. I like Ricky, product and customer service.

But I sending you good vibes my man. A rewind should help. Especially if he used a thicker gauge wire and looped more tabs.

i did asked the Tech if he could just do that, i what to add that BMW Hi Power LED lights think it is 60W all together, and thanks need that Vibes

Regards

Oupoot

Edited by Oupoot