Trade cr500 for husky 510?

So picked up this cr500 a while ago.. Engine turned out to be shit so its completly rebuilt, power is insane, scary, and i like fast. The biggest issue is the handle bars vibrate so hard i literally can't feel my fingers to control brake and clutch and throttle.. I think oart of that might be from the handle bar risers and aluminum bars.. Im gonna take it riding tomorrow with some steel bars and see how I like it, but i did out it in the local classifieds to see about trading for a 4 stroke, some offers on like crf450's and such, but one guy texted me he has an 08 husky tc510.. I really don't know much about these bikes, i have mine listed at 3500 and it basically comes with a 2nd parts bike. Does this seem fair cuz im kind of thinking about it gonna head over to our husky dealer now to learn more about their bikes. I mostly do dessert riding, love the dunes and occasional track.. The track was pretty scary on my cr cuz the vibrations were so bad I felt like I had zero control over my hand controls. Just curious what some of yall think about this bike, thanks!

The 510 is a great bike. And will be a whole lot easier to ride than the CR. But power will be on par. Just smoother. I would do the trade.

If not electric start I would AVOID FCR carbed kick only four strokes. Impossible to re-start. 

Ummm, I had no problems kick starting my TXC450 warm or cold. 

Yeah FCR carb bikes are fine. All Crfs, Yzfs, Kxf, and Rmzs were FCR and kick start before they went efi.

As a full time motorcycle mechanic i can tell you that if you had trouble kick starting a Fcr bike you had other issues mate. (Valves, jetting, technique ect ect)

• Like 1

Yeah FCR carb bikes are fine. All Crfs, Yzfs, Kxf, and Rmzs were FCR and kick start before they went efi.

As a full time motorcycle mechanic i can tell you that if you had trouble kick starting a Fcr bike you had other issues mate. (Valves, jetting, technique ect ect)

Right, meek wee little me at 250 pounds, 6'2", dirt biking for years had poor technique. OK. The YZ450 I had was new both with and without a JD jet kit. Did not like re-starting hot even using the hot start. There were no issues with valves or jetting or my technique since kicking over a 1982 XR500 or DR500 or a 2000 XR650R was simple compared to both my YZ450F and YZ250F.

Edited by shrubitup

I'm sure there are tricks to help with the vibration. If you keep it you'll get used to it. I had an 86 for 4 years and a ktm 550 2 t,which vibrated worse then the cr, for over 10. Pretty much all owned during that time. Never thought about the vibration much after a while. It was only when I rode other bikes that reminded me how much these machines vibrated. The 500 is probably always gonna hold its value also. If you don't like it though can't blame ya just saying you might wanna get a little more seat time before you give up they are awesome bikes.

• Like 1

It was definatly the bars put the stock bars back on, and ya it still vibrated, alot, but i could handle it, didn't bug me horribly and i could feel how much I was grabbing the front brake lol, so im thinkin ill definatly put a little more ride time on before I start jumping to do something

Right, meek wee little me at 250 pounds, 6'2", dirt biking for years had poor technique. OK. The YZ450 I had was new both with and without a JD jet kit. Did not like re-starting hot even using the hot start. There were no issues with valves or jetting or my technique since kicking over a 1982 XR500 or DR500 or a 2000 XR650R was simple compared to both my YZ450F and YZ250F.

The huskys with the FCR carbs do start fine but the yamahas will stop a guy from riding.

Parts shouldn't be an issue now and into the future.

The new Husqvarna has done a good job restocking the stuff that wears and with SWM now picking up production with their new RS 500 R.... Which is the Cagiva/Husqvarna 510 before BMW killed that model ... NEW PART in the future shouldn't be a problem.

http://www.swm-motorcycles.it/en/models/enduro/rs-500-r/

Overall the Husqvarna 510 is a very reliable and fun bike. 

Edited by HuskyRips