No Betas Available

I was all set to buy a new bike this year and settled on a Beta 300 RR as the bike I wanted, but now that I have approached the local dealers about buying a new 300 there is nothing available. In fact the dealers I have talked with say that they cannot get any new 300s until August! The bottom line is I definitely cannot wait that long to get a bike, so I am wondering what the second best option would be? In my area there is KTM/Husqvarna, Sherco, and TM's available, as well as the YZ 250x. What is going to be the closest alternative to a Beta?

I had to decide between a Beta or Sherco and went Sherco. If an electric start is a must for you, the Sherco has a much better one than KTM/Husky. I'm sure the Yamaha is a great bike minus an electric start.

I have been really happy with my 2014 Sherco 300 2T. I'm about to roll 200 hours and it has treated me well

I'm stoked that for 2016 the Factory edition offers the closed cartridge forks. I like the opens but sometimes they are a little soft

I will buy another Sherco in another year or so

I rode a Beta 300 and liked it although I think the Sherco will out turn it.

I think the TM would be a great race bike. Same with YZ250X. I really like the e start though.

The KTM is a good bike other then the e start

A good friend bought the Husky TE and really likes it. Riding it stock so far and quite pleased. Good B rider.

I was leaning towards the Sherco because of the the electric start, and I was hoping to get a power curve similar to beta. I don't necessarily need an electric start though, this would be the first bike I own that actually has one.  Many of the dealers have tried to scare me away from TM due to parts availability, but then again they probably just want me to buy their bike instead.

I should add that I am not racing, just woods riding. Although I am no stranger to riding an MX bike in the woods, as I have owned a KX 250 and RM 250.

TM has a new importer that is also a big importer in Europe and he is pretty aggressive, meaning he is working hard to bring in bikes, set up good dealers, and have parts available.  BTW, parts prices are much cheaper than the other brands.

TM is more of a real race bike, very light, and with the KYB SSS forks, I believe we will be able to tune them easily to be great trail bikes also.

TM has a new importer that is also a big importer in Europe and he is pretty aggressive, meaning he is working hard to bring in bikes, set up good dealers, and have parts available.  BTW, parts prices are much cheaper than the other brands.

TM is more of a real race bike, very light, and with the KYB SSS forks, I believe we will be able to tune them easily to be great trail bikes also.

You still have Beta? Anything in stock? Last time I checked I couldn't tell.

You still have Beta? Anything in stock? Last time I checked I couldn't tell

Beta is still our main brand, but we only have one left, a 350RR.  Sometimes Beta offers magazine test bikes to dealers and I may try and scoop up one of those.

But at this point, 2017's will be announced in June and available in August which will be here before we know it.

Sherco's are good running handling bikes, although their importer doesn't seem as stable as Beta USA.

We've got one 2016 300 Racing Edition left along with a 2016 350 Race Edition, but I wouldn't count on 2017s (Race Editions) earlier than December if history is our guide. We originally brought TM on to supplement the smaller displacement hole in Betas lineup (the 144 is a ripper!) but have the Dirt Bike-tested 300 and just sold a new 300EN as well. The deal with TM is that they build bikes to order - if it's not available in California it's a 10 day build period and about the same to ship from Italy.