Cam problems

I had a knocking noise in my 07 kx250f and when I took off the belt and the cams I saw grooves in the cams and the can journals, could this be the cause of the sound? I heard it's caused by lack of oil and something clogged in the system, but what should I look at next and is this salvageable? What do I need to replace? I'm pretty new so sorry for all the questions but I'll have pics in a moment

Pics of the exhaust cam the grooves are worse on this one compared to the intake.

Snapchat-5232004774861096871.jpg

Snapchat-2723442046728518361.jpg

I do believe that cam and head are done for.  It was likely caused by an oil supply issue. 

Looks fried. These guys can usually fix the head. http://www.enginedynamics.com/ Or buy some used parts. But usually you will need to take the whole top end off. Check the piston and possibly the crank if it was run out of oil. Don't forget to check the oil pump and clean out everything.

Yep, toast.

Thanx for the info, one more thing, could the this be cause of the knocking sound my bike had before? Main crank bearings are fine I checked them out

Thanx for the info, one more thing, could the this be cause of the knocking sound my bike had before? Main crank bearings are fine I checked them out

yes it can be, any gap created would make a knock sound when pressure is put on it from the valves.