Lights on CRF450R but not your typical post! &%$#@! TRAILTECH

Whats going on guys. I have a 2011 CRF450R that is street legal and am trying to run lights. I kno how this works and your gonna say "oh order the Trailtech lighting kit with stator and fly wheel" well let me say this very clear &%$#@! TRAILTECH! I hate them. Hands down the worst company ive ever dealt with. I had their 90watt stator kit installed on my bike for 3 months and EVERY SINGLE TIME my bike left the garage for every ride it would have to come home in a truck. Basically after an 45min to an hour of riding on the dot the bike would shut off. Not when the bike warmed up, not after 4 hours, not every other ride, no every single time the bike ran for one hour it would turn off and wouldn't run. I would then trailer the bike home after trying to find a ride and finalyl when I get home I would kick bike over and bam first kick biek would run fine. Ride for another hour am dies. Clearly sounds like an over heating issue. At first I didn't blame the trail tech kit and thought it was a fuel problem. The bike is a 2011 so is fuel injected. I replaced the fuel injector, replaced the fuel filter and fuel pump. None of those fixed it. Finally I removed the entire trail tech kit and what do ya know bike runs 8hours straight all day no problems! So I call trail tech and demand a new kit, clearly the kit is bad. Of course they cant be a good company and just replace it. No they want to "fix" my kit. Long story short I send it my whole kit and they send it back and said a wire was coming loose on the stator. I say great and re install the kit. I have a race that weekend and of course what do you know I have to miss the &%$#@!ing race because my bike died after hour of practice. When I sent the kit back they said they were supposed to check over the whole kit but the guy said he couldn't find proof of the tech doing so. TT sends me out a brand new stator instead of just replacing my bad kit and again I plug in the new stator and once again im stranded on the side of the road. After 6 &%$#@!ing phone calls and demanding to speak to owner I finally get my money back 4 weeks after I returned the whole kit. Since the bike has not had the TT kit installed (1.5 months) it hasn't died on me once.

TLDR; &%$#@! TRAILTECH and their CRF lighting kit.

So, I have been running the bike with no lights and before I get pulled over I need to find another way to get power. I heard I could get a rewound stator through Ricky Stator but wont I still need a new rec/reg and what not? Are there any other options? I need advice lol

Thanks!

dang man that is a bad experience to say the least.

i think Baja designs is another option I used their stator on an xr and got a quick answer to my dumb questions when I needed it.

i believe since the efi bikes have a DC electrical system you would want a dc regulator but not a rectifier since it is already dc, I may be wrong. older bikes are ac and need a regulator to manage output voltage and rectifier to make ac into dc.

dang man that is a bad experience to say the least.

i think Baja designs is another option I used their stator on an xr and got a quick answer to my dumb questions when I needed it.

i believe since the efi bikes have a DC electrical system you would want a dc regulator but not a rectifier since it is already dc, I may be wrong. older bikes are ac and need a regulator to manage output voltage and rectifier to make ac into dc.

isn't the baja design stupid expensive? Shit $500 kit I rather just recharge a battery.

Just buy the baja designs wiring harness, it will give you 35 watts of power from the stock stator, run an led headlight and taillight and you will be legal.I thinks its only 40.00 for the harness. Wouldnt want to race at night with that little wattage, but will make you legal for the road.