1983 xr 200 steel wheels exchange to alloy wheels.

I have just bought a 1983 Honda xr 200.......... no lights, brake light or frills ............ one cool ride. 

my problem is that this 1983 model s stee rims............

the important question I have is :

WILL OTHER YEARS OF XR200 RIMS & BRAKE HUB  FIT MY 1983 ?

ALSO THE ALLOY SWING ARM........WHAT YEARS WILL INTER CHANGE WITH MY 1983 ?

THANKS !

mb692b.jpg

I have just bought a 1983 Honda xr 200.......... no lights, brake light or frills ............ one cool ride. 

THANKS !

it is tough to get a accurate measurement from ebay sellers for alloy rims & hubs .

If they are straight don't sweat it and ride.

THANKS !

No need to yell sonny, we older folks can hear you just fine! Its a good idea to leave your bike stock, so when you get tired of it, it will resell no prob!

79-80 XR200 twin shock was aluminum rims with lights, shorter seat, toolbag, better shocks.1981 the 200R came out so they made the twin shocker til 1984 but used a lot of XL185 parts hence the steel rims etc. The 79-80 parts drop right on. RM125 twin shock aluminum swingarms can be made to fit.  I have a couple White Bros aluminum swingarms but they are extremely hard to find. Most are for XR250-500.

79-80 XR200 twin shock was aluminum rims with lights, shorter seat, toolbag, better shocks.1981 the 200R came out so they made the twin shocker til 1984 but used a lot of XL185 parts hence the steel rims etc. The 79-80 parts drop right on. RM125 twin shock aluminum swingarms can be made to fit.  I have a couple White Bros aluminum swingarms but they are extremely hard to find. Most are for XR250-500.

thanksfor the info ! 

THANKS !

my rear sprocket wobbles?? , the bolts will not tighten it up, I plan to take the wheel off & inspect it in a few days, I may need to get a new rear wheel hub , so I want the allow wheels with the new hubs.

The early XR185/200 twin shocks bikes used a cush hub with 4 rubber cushions.  The sprocket bolts fit inside the cushions. A circlip holds the sprocket holder to the hub. 

The early XR185/200 twin shocks bikes used a cush hub with 4 rubber cushions.  The sprocket bolts fit inside the cushions. A circlip holds the sprocket holder to the hub. 

are those sprocket bolt inserts suppose to fit tight in the metal sleeves in the cushion holes ? mine are loose as a goose, ha

The bolts should fit snug.  I haven't worked on that vintage for several decades but they do become loose via wear.

#2 are the cushion inserts, #12 are the bolts.

F14446A11.gif

so the un-threaded, round smooth side of the bolts should fit snugly into the steel sleeved rubber cushion ??

any info on how to remove the old rubber sleeve cushions & install the new ones into the hub ?