Difference between '11 and 16'?

Does anyone know what the major differences were from '11 to 16'? It doesn't seem like much changed really. But then again, I haven't been following it from year to year.

Does anyone know what the major differences were from '11 to 16'? It doesn't seem like much changed really. But then again, I haven't been following it from year to year.

Are you referring to offroad motorcycle evolution in general?  Some models have come a very long way since 2011, take Beta, no FI in 2011, all 4T now are FI.  More horse power everywhere.  All manufactures have improved on their bikes over the last 5 years, some you wouldn't even recognize.  Don't get me started on Husqvarna's evolution during this time frame.  :crazy:

Are you referring to offroad motorcycle evolution in general? Some models have come a very long way since 2011, take Beta, no FI in 2011, all 4T now are FI. More horse power everywhere. All manufactures have improved on their bikes over the last 5 years, some you wouldn't even recognize. Don't get me started on Husqvarna's evolution during this time frame. :crazy:

I was referring to the KX250f only.

I was referring to the KX250f only.

2011 was a ground breaking year for the KX250F.  Haven't ridden green since the 80s, but if I recall correctly, seems like that was a complete model year revamp with the SFF or Separate Function Fork and FI. A whole bunch of changes and improvements were made over the 2010  That bike is much closer to the 2016 KXF 250F then say the 2010 KXF 250F would be to the 2015 KXF 250F for certain.    

Yeah, that much I know. I remember when they came out. But '11 and '16 pretty much seems like the same bike. I was just curious if anyone what changes were made.

Edited by Holeshot1982

Yeah, that much I know. I remember when they came out. But '11 and '16 pretty much seems like the same bike. I was just curious if anyone what changes were made.

The only main diffrence is the added 2nd injector. Trust me you can tell a diffrence. I loved my 11' bike but really liked the 12' with that 2nd injector. Other then that they changed the TPS sensor so it wont get broken by your heel or water in it. If your looking for a used bike that is the most similiar to a 2016 model then look no further then a 2014

The only main diffrence is the added 2nd injector. Trust me you can tell a diffrence. I loved my 11' bike but really liked the 12' with that 2nd injector. Other then that they changed the TPS sensor so it wont get broken by your heel or water in it. If your looking for a used bike that is the most similiar to a 2016 model then look no further then a 2014

There you have it Holeshot.  

Hmmm guess I shouldn't have bought that new 2016 last weekend then!! Lol

Hmmm guess I shouldn't have bought that new 2016 last weekend then!! Lol

Unless you were getting another brand new leftover..... I would be happy with the 16 and not look back. The only reason why is it is literally a blank canvas, any and all maintenance work, you will know what has and has not been done. Any major failures resulting from improper or lack of maintenance, all fall on you. I personally will NEVER buy a used bike, sure deals can be had. BUT, I'd rather spend the extra couple grand and have the latest then buy someones &%$#@!ing clapped out turd and end up at the same price point after rebuilding all the crap on it.

They do have different pistons , and slight changes to the engine , most parts engine wise probably aren't compatible. The 16 does have a better front brake as well as general better suspension , my 13s stock suspension wasnt tk good as that year of the bike they went backwards with the suspension.

I do know they made some valving changes to the forks after '11. They're much more plush than the '11 forks. I just had to put race tech valving and resting my '11 and it's still a hair harsh. I'm only 153 lbs too. Other than that a few body changes, internal head differences, lunch control and the 2nd injector as mentioned before.

Edited by 40acres

Thanks, I brought it up here then started looked around and followed the  changes from Motocross Action's yearly review and found out from '15 to '16 there wasn't enough changes to warrant buying a '16..... I could have drove a little bit and bought a left over '15 and saved 1,000! Kinda kicking myself right now! LOL But so far love the bike and I guess that's what matter's most. Finally going out tomorrow for real seat time so I'm hoping the "issues" I've noticed have been worked out. 

Not to add insult to injury but maybe it is a blessing in disguise...

I mean, its only rumored that the 17' 250 will be a whole new bike..... So maybe you got yourself something nice and reliable before something all new is released... 

Not to add insult to injury but maybe it is a blessing in disguise...

I mean, its only rumored that the 17' 250 will be a whole new bike..... So maybe you got yourself something nice and reliable before something all new is released... 

Maybe, Maybe not, doesn't concern me anymore though. I love the bike and really don't want to deal with air forks! LOL And from what I can tell the 14/15 were some of the favs from this gen..... I think I'm more bummed that I could have got a leftover for 1,000 less than I paid!!! LOL

2011 first year FI and SFF. 2012 got dual FI injectors and heavier crank. I ran the 2012 FI dual setup on my 11 and it revved pretty well. Wasn't 2013 a new frame? 09-12 the same, 13-16 the same, and if history repeats they usually update the 250f the year after the 450 as far as a lot of stuff goes. Been out of the 250f game for a few years now but I'd bet that a 17 kx250f will have a big change. Rebates have been huge for months on the 16 kx250fs, they've been 5600$ since like February maybe January. Although the Japan soy photos looked similar to a 16.

Edited by dmm698

2011 first year FI and SFF. 2012 got dual FI injectors and heavier crank. I ran the 2012 FI dual setup on my 11 and it revved pretty well. Wasn't 2013 a new frame? 09-12 the same, 13-16 the same, and if history repeats they usually update the 250f the year after the 450 as far as a lot of stuff goes. Been out of the 250f game for a few years now but I'd bet that a 17 kx250f will have a big change. Rebates have been huge for months on the 16 kx250fs, they've been 5600$ since like February maybe January. Although the Japan soy photos looked similar to a 16.

There was no rebates on the 2016. Even tried checking directly on their site.

There was no rebates on the 2016. Even tried checking directly on their site.

They've been 5600 OTD for like atleast 2+ months. When i got my 16 450 in march the dealer had 16kx250f's for 5625 OTD if you were out of state (so no sales tax).

Best way to see what bottom dollar on bike pricing is, go on ebay and look. Theres a few dealers that have rock bottom pricing year round to the point they probably arent making anything on the bikes its all volume. Theres one in West virginia, one in maryland, and babbits usually is really cheap too. Then use those numbers to negotiate a deal.

Edited by dmm698

I just picked one up 2 weeks ago 2016 kx250f from a dealer in Petaluma California for 6300 out the door after tax license, dealer prep fee and bull crap destination fee.. Not a bad price for a brand new 250.

I just picked one up 2 weeks ago 2016 kx250f from a dealer in Petaluma California for 6300 out the door after tax license, dealer prep fee and bull crap destination fee.. Not a bad price for a brand new 250.

Yeah mine was 6900 OTD.... I never bought a new one but I'm still OK with the price I paid.

Yea usually anything below that $7599.00 regular price is a steal for brand new. Have you rode your yet? Like a good hard ride? How's your idle after it gets hot?