Cost for shipping SuperMoto wheels?

Hi, All,

Trying to buy a set of SuperMoto wheels with tires and rotors from a private party, and ship them from San Diego to San Antonio. The buyer got a quote from UPS of like $270 for shipping. Isn't that way out there? Hell, I shipped a 600-lb V8 engine across the country for slightly in excess of $400.

Anybody have any feedback on ball[ark normal cost for shipping wheels, and ideas how to go about it?

Thanks,

k9dr

Seems extremely high. I shipped a dash pad across the the country for 17 bucks. Alhough not heavy, but it was two inches from being two long for USPS and it was tagged oversize.

Have him get a quote through USPS and ship in two separate boxes. UPS seems to be getting really pricey to ship if you don't have a business account with them. They're usually at least twice the price of USPS whenever I checked with them. It got to the point I don't even go to UPS anymore, I just go straight to the post office.

Edited by d_man

I had to ship an engine and the cheapest way I found was fedex by a good margin believe it or not. Creating an account with them and printing a label off the website saved me a good bit. To give you an idea I paid $70 to ship a 55lb 250f engine in a decent sized igloo cooler.

We had to ship a set of complete warp nine wheels from my work they had tires and mousses installed and ups was around 250-300 per box we had to ship them in two separate boxes

Wrap in plastic. Cost should be under $40 per wheel. Remove rotor or sprocket, wrap in bubble in with the wheel, taped to the wheel.

That's really bad advice, and $40 no way. UPS goes by dim weight these days, and they're not cheap. Add fuel surcharge and residential delivery charges etc.

That's really bad advice, and $40 no way. UPS goes by dim weight these days, and they're not cheap. Add fuel surcharge and residential delivery charges etc.

That seems like a reasonable price. I paid $70 to ship my engine from east to west coast and it weighed a little more than a set of wheels with tires mounted.