1983 Yamaha IT490 help

Hey fellas! I'm trying to fix up a buddies bike. We're starting to run into some trouble. I noticed his kick axle assembly has been snapped off at the tab. I was wondering if any has parts for this thing or knows where I can get them. Thanks so much for any help. I found some assemblies on eBay but I'm not sure how to cross reference the years. Some look like they're exactly the same thing but have a different year. And some of the ones I find new are expensive. They are obsolete on all parts stores online .

Also does anyone think these grooves are too deep to file down on the basket? I have a manual but I don't see where it gives a spec for being too deep. Thanks again.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1461378900.348665.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1461378924.719384.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1461378946.371342.jpg

Thanks for the links mrcarts. I'll read through them asap.

Ebay is going to be the only place that you will find one.  It was only used on the '83-'84 IT490, but I believe the shaft from an '82 IT465 will work (Yamaha P/N 56A-15661-01-00) and it was used on several models from 1980 through 1987.

Check with the guys in the Australian IT Forum, as they really know their stuff on these old IT bikes.  http://www.yamahait.com.au

Thanks man I'll check it out

IMG_2189.JPG
IMG_2190.JPG

Hopefully you can see it, but I decided to save my $200 they want for that part. I got it tig welded back together(Cast Iron). Took me awhile to work up the courage , but i figured it was already broken. Seems like it's really strong too.