Ktm engine swap

I've got a 2011 ktm 350 xcf, but I've never had a 2 stroke ever. Instead of going out a buying one, does anybody know if I could put a 200, 250, or 300 xc or sx 2 stroke engine into the rolling chassis of my 350xcf?

I've got a 2011 ktm 350 xcf, but I've never had a 2 stroke ever. Instead of going out a buying one, does anybody know if I could put a 200, 250, or 300 xc or sx 2 stroke engine into the rolling chassis of my 350xcf?

I know nothing about ktms but I can almost guarantee you it will be more trouble than it's worth and most likely require fabrication/cutting/welding. Sell it and buy a 2 stroke,.

I read somewhere that quite a bit is different between the 4t's and 2t's, swingarm and such

I read somewhere that quite a bit is different between the 4t's and 2t's, swingarm and such

Why would the swingarm be different? That makes no sense. All that is different is the engine cradle shape for the lower engine mounts. It would make much more sense to just sell the existing bike and pick up a factory 2 stroke.

Why would the swingarm be different? That makes no sense. All that is different is the engine cradle shape for the lower engine mounts. It would make much more sense to just sell the existing bike and pick up a factory 2 stroke.

Check out this article from adventure rider. It basically sums up what will swap on ktm's. Very specific part on swing arms explaining that they don't interchange easily. If you really believe the only difference between a 2 and 4 stroke is the engine cradle I'm led to believe you have never worked on either. That's ok, plenty of people pay somebody else to turn a wrench.

Check out this article from adventure rider. It basically sums up what will swap on ktm's. Very specific part on swing arms explaining that they don't interchange easily. If you really believe the only difference between a 2 and 4 stroke is the engine cradle I'm led to believe you have never worked on either. That's ok, plenty of people pay somebody else to turn a wrench.

Actually I owned and worked on a 2011 350XCF for over 4 years and currently own a 2015 300XC. All it takes is a simple parts fiche check to confirm that you are 100% incorrect. I checked a 2013 350SXF and a 2013 250SX and confirmed that they have identical swingarm part numbers. (77704030044) Take a look for yourself. Obviously there are differences such as wiring harnesses, fuel tanks, throttle bodies and carbs, etc. The actual backbone of the bikes remain as similar as possible for the same model years. It would be an asinine move for a company to offer two bikes they are trying to achieve the same thing with and design completely different parts for them. Edited by motonack

Actually I owned and worked on a 2011 350XCF for over 4 years and currently own a 2015 300XC. All it takes is a simple parts fiche check to confirm that you are 100% incorrect. I checked a 2013 350SXF and a 2013 250SX and confirmed that they have identical swingarm part numbers. (77704030044) Take a look for yourself. Obviously there are differences such as wiring harnesses, fuel tanks, throttle bodies and carbs, etc. The actual backbone of the bikes remain as similar as possible for the same model years. It would be an asinine move for a company to offer two bikes they are trying to achieve the same thing with and design completely different parts for them.

Well F me, I guess I should have looked into it further....well I bet you're voting for Bernie you clown

Well F me, I guess I should have looked into it further....well I bet you're voting for Bernie you clown

Right...

Www.kxriders.com

Search for green pumpkin

I know nothing about ktms but I can almost guarantee you it will be more trouble than it's worth and most likely require fabrication/cutting/welding. Sell it and buy a 2 stroke,.

Agreed.

Better yet, keep it and buy a 300.

Then you'll know fer sure.

I think it's more work than its worth, you could pick up an older 2 stroke and fix it up easier