Washington Tahuya Spring 2016

I was out today. A dash of rain, no dust, trails are in great shape!

I'm headed out solo tomorrow, if anyone is looking for a riding partner let me know.

Today my biz partner and I saved an atv rider that was pinned under his rig. Lucky he wasn't hurt, he was pretty frustrated trying to get free from the farm size atv he had.

I'll be ready to ride around 10am.

Nice meeting you guys. Unfortunately I didn't get your message. Hope to get on the trail with you guys soon.

Tahuya was a blast today. I hope they leave the red trail markers up for a while.

I noticed today you can get around the west end of the property again, after the logging work.

Sorry TigerTanker, they're coming down tomorrow! A club has two weeks to remove event arrows.

Edited by Mud Ducks

Someone explain how anyone survived, finished that 85 mile track? Without stopping?

That makes the iron man at Odessa seem easy.

I figured the arrows needed to come down. Darn.

• Like 1

is the 85 mile loop one time use trails. i may be heading out there for the first time on the weekend of the 7th. would like to see the whole area with a good loop

Jang, you are really going to want to join up with someone. It's damn complicated out there, easy to get lost. Nothing wrong with that per se, but if you want the best one day experience find someone you can tag along with.

If I'm headed that way then, feel free and tag along.

Appreciate it. Gonna head out with a group for a buddies dirty 30. I dont expect anyone to guide our group of over 6 unless they except payment in beer. We were going to head to taneum but ranger station says its clised for another month.

Appreciate it. Gonna head out with a group for a buddies dirty 30. I dont expect anyone to guide our group of over 6 unless they except payment in beer. We were going to head to taneum but ranger station says its clised for another month.

Hey, sounds like fun!

You can pull up a trail map via online, but it doesn't cover much of the good stuff. But here is a tip...

If you are on a double track trail and you see two options.... the yellow marker is going to be to continue on the double track. If you take the unmarked trail, you'll most likely be going onto a single track trail. Nothing out there is "dangerous" so you don't need to worry too much. The total ride area is like a big rectangle, bordered by some roads and mission creek. These can act as guard rails should you get lost, which can happen. Have a printed map, and be at least a little aware of the big picture when you ride out there.

The place is a blast and afterwards there is good food and drink in Belfair.

004.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice. Ive got the map so i think we should be good to go. Excited to see the are as i hear it is the best early and late season area

Thanks for the advice. Ive got the map so i think we should be good to go. Excited to see the are as i hear it is the best early and late season area[/quote) I'm super stoked to check out this area! Will most likely be going with jangzing on a new yz250x. Hopefully my tank from ziptyracing comes before then.

Is it tight and twisty or more open there ? should be a blast !

Is there any good camping around that area?

Thanks for the advice. Ive got the map so i think we should be good to go. Excited to see the are as i hear it is the best early and late season area[/quote) I'm super stoked to check out this area! Will most likely be going with jangzing on a new yz250x. Hopefully my tank from ziptyracing comes before then.

Is it tight and twisty or more open there ? should be a blast !

Is there any good camping around that area?

You got open fast double track and you got lots of tight technical single track. There is a big gravel pit to goof off in too. There are more miles of trails than you know what to do with. Yep, good camping too. You are in for a real good time.

If its crowded, you will need to watch the double track, because its a two way trail system.

If you are in a group and want to play king of the hill, look up my video here about yellow jacket hill climb. A 4x4 hill that is kinda fun.

There is a resort nearby called alderbrook that is pretty fancy if you are looking for a nice place for a dinner/cocktail event. It isn't coat and tie, but I'm not sure about muddy boots.

Sounds like it is final, we will be out there on the weekend of the 7th as long as the weather holds. Is there any standing water as of now on the trails?