Need suspension advice, tuning

I have a 2015 fe350s

My forks were sprung for my weight and I had the forks worked over.

I ride in the Pacific Northwest, some technical rocky rooted stuff. I am an advanced rider....not expert or pro. I ride in a speed range of 10 to 30 mph.

I'm looking for advice on where to set my fork clickers. How many counter clockwise turns for each?

Also, the three adjustments for the shock?

I also have a scotts damper, and would love to hear about those settings.

I was happy, but then moved everything fairly stiff. Today my bike was really tough to steer and the front end was unruly. I adjusted things and moved things softer and softer.

As a general rule of thumb, when do you want sport settings, when do you want comfort?

Comp settings are easier to get right imho. Rebound, keep adding until you feel the front start washing in the turns. Add rebound until the the rear starts "packing". You don't want too much rebound or you won't keep the tire on the ground. Worked suspension is alway different than the next. Those # could be way off and that's why you need to know what's going on with the bike. Spend some time on the same trail and see if you can dial it in and wright those numbers down. Remember, a bike set for the rocks won't work good in the desert and vice versa.

Edited by 1 lunger

Comp settings are easier to get right imho. Rebound, keep adding until you feel the front start washing in the turns. Add rebound until the the rear starts "packing". You don't want too much rebound or you won't keep the tire on the ground. Worked suspension is alway different than the next. Those # could be way off and that's why you need to know what's going on with the bike. Spend some time on the same trail and see if you can dial it in and wright those numbers down. Remember, a bike set for the rocks won't work good in the desert and vice versa.

Thanks, I worked hard the last two days on getting it dialed in.

I did wind up setting my scotts damper at fully turned out soft on the low speed.

You should call the tech that did your suspension. I'd start at 15 on comp and 13 on rebound for front and 18 comp and 16 rebound rear. 2 1/2 -2 3/4 turns on high speed

If the forks are set too soft, what are some of the symptoms of that?

I had set everything way too stiff....so I totally get what that feels like!

The scotts damper, I can't quite understand where or why someone would have a stiff setting on the low speed? I was fighting the steering wheel fiercely that way....

Soft forks will wallow. The high speed in the Scotts is the important one. The low speed can be set easy. The high speed can be turned up and it won't feel stiff. It only works with a fast jerk, kinda like a seatbelt.

Soft forks will wallow. The high speed in the Scotts is the important one. The low speed can be set easy. The high speed can be turned up and it won't feel stiff. It only works with a fast jerk, kinda like a seatbelt.

Yep. A Scott damper set correctly is "invisible" when riding. The manual explains things well or go to their website. Or call.  1 lunger is right, call your tuner and work with him. He knows which adjustments to his setup will accomplish what you need. Good luck.

• Like 1