Low miles and mods

I've had my 250l for 2 weeks and only have 55 miles on and just tonight put on a fmf full exhaust and 13 tooth gear but I do not have my ejk yet, so my question is, should I have waited until I get more miles on the bike before mods and 2nd will the bike be ok to run without the ejk until I get it on Monday?

• Like 1

I've had my 250l for 2 weeks and only have 55 miles on and just tonight put on a fmf full exhaust and 13 tooth gear but I do not have my ejk yet, so my question is, should I have waited until I get more miles on the bike before mods and 2nd will the bike be ok to run without the ejk until I get it on Monday?

Hell no, sooner the better, actually that EJK will correct some leanness issues. BTW, welcome to the club, I have a 2015 with all the crap one can throw at it and love it.  First mod you should seriously take a look at is Race Tech front and rear suspenders.  I find myself bragging alot about the RT suspension lately, but damn, every time I ride my bike I am more impressed with Race Tech.  I have ran Elka, WR1, Pro Circuit, Works, Ohlins, Fox, Marzocchis, and some home the clown DIY musical shims stack with heavier weight oil in the past, my only regret is I didn't try Race Tech on my other machines.  If you do go the Race Tech route, be honest with your weight in gear and abilities.   

• Like 1

When you have the EJK in your sticky mitts, don't forget the airbox.  Literally pull the snorkel out (twist and pull, it's ribbed for your bikes pleasure? ) and clip the screen from the back of your air filter element.  You'll get some induction noise as well and it's FREE - win win ?

The only downside I can see to modding it so early.... you won't fully appreciate the difference you have made.  Trust me there's lots of people in here put in the stock miles so ENJOY your bike.  Clutch next ?  time that mod around an oil change :prof:  

• Like 1

The ejk will be here Monday do you guys think it will be ok to run it with the exhaust until then? probably no more than 30 miles of just cruising some back roads.

I think you will be fine .... just take it easy and stay in the low to medium rev range and avoid getting it hot .... pay attention to it is all ...  ?

This was my first wave of mods starter kit at 400 miles ....   :ride:

post-327736-0-73867900-1361674456.jpg

• Like 1

should I have waited until I get more miles on the bike before mods?

No way, man, go for it! I have less than 50 miles on my 2015 and look what I've done to it! Go to You Tube and look up "new bike prep." Gnath and some others here recommended it and boy were they right. The bike needs a good lubin'--treat her right and she will be smooth!ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1461450114.277178.jpg
  • Like 1

No way, man, go for it! I have less than 50 miles on my 2015 and look what I've done to it! Go to You Tube and look up "new bike prep." Gnath and some others here recommended it and boy were they right. The bike needs a good lubin'--treat her right and she will be smooth!

post-409008-14614501056168.jpg

Nice job Fred ...  ?

I can not stress the importance enough of doing a new bike prep ...  :prof:   that alone changes the feel of the machine ... It's crazy the lack of lube from the factory ...  :rant:

ok i got my ejk today, should i leave it on the preset settings or do any of you guys have a better setting? my bike has fmf q4 full exhaust, the air box mod and a 13t sprocket.

Look for positrons settings ...    ?      unless you think it runs just fine as is ... 

good reading here ----------- >   https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1100681-crf-feels-like-its-losing-power/