KLX 140 needs more power. How?

Just bought a very new KLX 140 2011 with about 2 hours use only. Got it for the wife and daughter. We just took it for a ride today but it could do with a bit more grunt. I am thinking a performance pipe and jetting. Does anyone have any suggestions and what size jets to get. I haven't taken the spark arrester off yet, but that's next. BTW do 2009 plastics fit the 2011 model?

image.jpg

I own two of these.  Full length pipe/muffler, jets and air box mods.  My jets are like 42 and 100 or 105.  Can't remember off the top of my head.  Search on here as there are people that have done lots of cool stuff to them. 

Pete

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By Out for a rip are ya bud?
      I have a "new" KLX 140 for sale 
      I say new because it has less than 2 hours on it. 
      I bought this bike new in Brandon for my wife, she is not interested. 
      This bike is the small wheel version, low seat height, electric start. 
      Great beginner bike !
    • By Out for a rip are ya bud?
      I have a "new" KLX 140 for sale 
      I say new because it has less than 2 hours on it. 
      I bought this bike new in Brandon for my wife, she is not interested. 
      This bike is the small wheel version, low seat height, electric start. 
      Great beginner bike !
    • By Southwest ORV
      Hello friends, 
      I have seen some discussion about DRZ400 (DRZ400S, etc) vs whatever other bike, when it comes to power. My riding buddy and I threw down some good old drag races this morning on the way back home after some adventure in the forest. I own/ride a 2002 KLX300R. We ran two heats, one on gravel, then one one asphalt. Who do you think won? See below:

• By Southwest ORV
      Hello friends, 
      I recently put a new Kenda Trakmaster II rear tire on my KLX300R. I'm loving the improved grip and overall performance. Here's a little video I put together of the tire in action...

• By Southwest ORV
      Hello friends, 
      Just thought I'd share a short summary video of a 154-mile adventure ride my buddy and I did last week. Northeastern AZ has an unbelievable amount of rural trail/road to explore. My KLX300R averaged 71.5 MPG on this ride.