Prescription lens and riding? Need advice

Hello- I just started wearing glasses and the last couple years that I've rode I rode with no prescription lens, but like the Doctor said my eyes are changing and will need another change in prescription as my eyes will get worse. What is my best option for riding with a prescription? Prescription googles or a sports wear glasses under my googles? Any help is much appreciate! Thanks

I think contacts are the best option. You get full range of view but there is more care involved. They can dry out alittle. I just carry eye drops with me. I tried glasses under special goggles for them and I just didn't like it. I never tried the script in the lenses but it seemed pricey for probably just going to end up being scratched.

• Like 1

Notch the foam on the side of googles where the glasses hit. Most otg Google's still hit many glasses.

Medium frame to large Google's are best unless you wear small frame glasses.

The new Scott OTG goggles have a lot of room in the front for glasses. 

Many of us swear by  http://www.rxgoggles.com . 

I use to use those but they gave me depth perception issues as they sit further into the goggles.

• Like 1

Regular glasses with something like Scotts over the glass goggles. Works fine for me other than sometimes too much glare if the sun is in your eyes on a hill.

I do this and get by.

Any conditions like rain that would slightly fog someone else's goggles completely ruins mine though.

• Like 1

The new Scott OTG goggles have a lot of room in the front for glasses.

I use to use those but they gave me depth perception issues as they sit further into the goggles.

the room in front had never been an issue. Its the sides.

I ordered a pair of cheap glasses online for $35 and I've been wearing them for a few years. Probably time for a new pair, my prescription has changed a little - and I may have had to repair them once or twice.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1461421566.700987.jpg

I ordered a pair of cheap glasses online for $35 and I've been wearing them for a few years. Probably time for a new pair, my prescription has changed a little - and I may have had to repair them once or twice.

📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1461421566.700987.jpg

Those Elvis Presley specials are beat up a little you think?

Those Elvis Presley specials are beat up a little you think?

Barely broken in! It's about time for an upgrade but only because I'm going on my 2nd prescription change since getting them. I'm not into farkles and flash and my play budget butts up against the family budget so I don't often spend money on things that don't add performance for me or my bike. In my opinion that's money better spent on new tires, grips and maintenance surplus.

Besides - you've GOTTA be fast to wear something as hideous as that, right? LOL!

Depending on where I'm riding I do sometimes squeeze them under my Crowbars. Tight fit but the frames (glasses) are very small.

Edited by zderekv
  • Like 2

I've tried every option and feel contacts are the best solution. With glasses  of any type you lose a great deal of peripheral vision. And my pres goggles forced me to wear them even when not riding(gas stops, etc) just to see. Got old quick. The new contacts don't dry out near as bad as older ones, your Doc can lead you to the right ones.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I've tried OTG Goggles from both Scott and Oakley and the restult is always the same. As soon as I start sweating (which always happens wheter its hot or cold out) they fog up. Anti fog treatments on my glasses did nothing. I just use contacts when i ride now. My glasses fog up when its cold and I'm wearing my street or adv helmet as well if my visor is completely closed. Best solution for me is contact lenses.