Favorite mods 2014 exc 450

Hey lads,

Just wanted to know what everyone's favorite mods were on the exc. mine is stock as a rock currently

Not sure if there is another thread asking the same question!

Cheers

Sorry mate, I'll re-post it

Can I delete this thread? I reposted in the exc forum

Edited by gfazz

No worries and there's guys with both types of bike on here, do you may get a response anyways

Mine has a close chamber fork.

I swapped out the transmission for the XC gears, first through fifth and left the fast six the gear in place.

Have FMF full system with mega bomb.

Dealer installed the euro map.

TM designs skid plate,and BRP chain guide.

Fasst flex bars.

Seat concepts seat.

The bike has been tagged for occasional dual sport use, but play ride and race most of the time.

• Like 1

Mine has a close chamber fork.

I swapped out the transmission for the XC gears, first through fifth and left the fast six the gear in place.

Have FMF full system with mega bomb.

Dealer installed the euro map.

TM designs skid plate,and BRP chain guide.

Fasst flex bars.

Seat concepts seat.

The bike has been tagged for occasional dual sport use, but play ride and race most of the time.

What was the rationale behind the xc gears swap?

Thanks mate, how do you rate the fmf system?

Probably a silly question but how do you do a euro map? Is that something I need a dealer to do?

Cheers!

I did the tranny swap because first gear was way too slow and then the gap between second and third was far to wide.

The factory muffler is nice and quiet but it will not allow the motor to pull hard up top plus it causes the engine to run much hotter.

The euro map is something your dealer can install, not sure about bikes across the pond your bike may be map that way from the factory???

The map that I have is a long series of numbers that end in 701, it is for richer than the stock map and it makes the bike much easier to ride in terms of throttle response also the motor runs cooler.

I did the tranny swap because first gear was way too slow and then the gap between second and third was far to wide.

The factory muffler is nice and quiet but it will not allow the motor to pull hard up top plus it causes the engine to run much hotter.

The euro map is something your dealer can install, not sure about bikes across the pond your bike may be map that way from the factory???

The map that I have is a long series of numbers that end in 701, it is for richer than the stock map and it makes the bike much easier to ride in terms of throttle response also the motor runs cooler.

Thanks very much for that mate, will definately inquire regarding the euro map!

Will definately be chasing up a Seat Concepts seat.

(is this the one your referring to? Not the OEM shape http://www.seatconcepts.com/products#!/KTM-2014-16-SX-SXF-EXC-XCW-*OEM-Shape-*/p/49275769/category=15050042)

Never heard of flexx bars before so I'll google them :)

Edited by gfazz