Supercross bad day?

Soo may as well just get to it. What happened to the king this weekend? He looked off in practice and no better in the race. He didnt look like himself to me. Add to that  KR was loose and fluid and makin few mistakes. When your havin an "off day" and the comp is havin an "on day" it looks worse than it is.

Maybe the nerves got to him?

On another note did we see Eli finally start getting his flo back?? Looked like his characteristic corner speed was on first part of the race. Haven seen that from him sense going green.Maybe there getting that bike sorted out? Maybe Eli is getting used to the new chassis? Both? Lucky for KR that speed didnt last the whole race. If this is a sine of whats coming he will be feared by all.....  again 

• Like 1

Soo may as well just get to it. What happened to the king this weekend? He looked off in practice and no better in the race. He didnt look like himself to me. Add to that  KR was loose and fluid and makin few mistakes. When your havin an "off day" and the comp is havin an "on day" it looks worse than it is.

On another note did we see Eli finally start getting his flo back?? Looked like his characteristic corner speed was on first part of the race. Haven seen that from him sense going green.Maybe there getting that bike sorted out? Maybe Eli is getting used to the new chassis? Both? Lucky for KR that speed didnt last the whole race. If this is a sine of whats coming he will be feared by all.....  again 

Just an off day for Dungey, but Roczen has been coming on the last few weeks.  He was not going to be denied today.

• Like 2

Soo may as well just get to it. What happened to the king this weekend? He looked off in practice and no better in the race. He didnt look like himself to me. Add to that KR was loose and fluid and makin few mistakes. When your havin an "off day" and the comp is havin an "on day" it looks worse than it is.

On another note did we see Eli finally start getting his flo back?? Looked like his characteristic corner speed was on first part of the race. Haven seen that from him sense going green.Maybe there getting that bike sorted out? Maybe Eli is getting used to the new chassis? Both? Lucky for KR that speed didnt last the whole race. If this is a sine of whats coming he will be feared by all..... again

When you have people starting to ask all kinds of questions because you have a "bad day" of a third place, you know you are in a league of your own. You gotta know Roczen practically wanted Dungey to try and hunt him down. That's why Roczen looked over and back at Dungey like 5 times before he eventually took off. Basically mocking Dungey to try and catch up and hopefully make a mistake and crash. Dungey did exactly what he needed to do. Roczen at this point is basically the little kid that keeps poking and antagonizing the big kid to fight but when they actually get down to business, he runs and hides. Roczen is going 100% right now and it's doing him almost nothing and will make a royal joke of himself when he takes a huge digger and compromises his outdoor chances. (What he should really be focusing on at this point)
  • Like 9

When you have people starting to ask all kinds of questions because you have a "bad day" of a third place, you know you are in a league of your own. You gotta know Roczen practically wanted Dungey to try and hunt him down. That's why Roczen looked over and back at Dungey like 5 times before he eventually took off. Basically mocking Dungey to try and catch up and hopefully make a mistake and crash. Dungey did exactly what he needed to do. Roczen at this point is basically the little kid that keeps poking and antagonizing the big kid to fight but when they actually get down to business, he runs and hides. Roczen is going 100% right now and it's doing him almost nothing and will make a royal joke of himself when he takes a huge digger and compromises his outdoor chances. (What he should really be focusing on at this point)

+1 on what he said

Fastest qualifying. I think he took it easy after he realized Roczen would take him out in a second. Ran just hard enough to podium, again.

• Like 1

I dont kno. Im not sure RD did exactly what he needed to. Seems to me he was struggling. He even looked different on the bike. 

Im glad he made podium but at one point it looked as if he wasnt going to. Anderson seemed to loose it himself half way through. 

In fact a number of riders seemed to struggle with fluidity on that track

• Like 2

Bad day? No, you're looking at what's hopefully shaping up to a good outdoor season

good point

Did kr try a half hearted barcia on rd? It looked like it on tv quick.

There was definitely a little fist pump in the air on the jump right after he passed Dungey.  I think he just kind of knew it was his night and once he got past Dungey, if he kept it upright, he'd win. 

• Like 1

It was a bad day for Dungey, he went from holeshot to fourth and salvaged third. Pretty rare for him to go backwards three places. He did keep the podium streak alive. His horrible day last year was fourth.

The "dirt" on that track looked nasty. Deep ruts.

I think KR was looking at RD to make sure they didn't collide. Not good for either to go down in a crash.

Dungey needs 8 points in two races? He could park the bike all week, finish mid pack and wrap up the title next week.

• Like 2

Dungey needs 8 points in two races? He could park the bike all week, finish mid pack and wrap up the title next week.

Yep, but it's not in him, he will race to win.  He will clinch next week with at least  podium and finish with a win in Vegas. 

• Like 4

Yep, but it's not in him, he will race to win.  He will clinch next week with at least  podium and finish with a win in Vegas. 

After tonight you could probably get RedRider to bet against that...

• Like 4

After tonight you could probably get RedRider to bet against that...

Wait wut?  RD5 has a million point lead and backs it down?  Is this news?  What am I betting on exactly?

• Like 1

There were two different races going on. Kroc looked great and Dungey is managing his Championship.   Dungey is too smart for these guys.

The Same thing will happen next. Kroc will win again.

Vegas will be a snoozefest once again because everybody is in outdoor mode right now in the big bike class.

• Like 2

There were two different races going on. Kroc looked great and Dungey is managing his Championship.   Dungey is too smart for these guys.

The Same thing will happen next. Kroc will win again.

Vegas will be a snoozefest once again because everybody is in outdoor mode right now in the big bike class.

It was a crashfest the top guys were smart to stay out of it. I think the only disappointment was that Tomac didn't take a run at Roczen. ET looked good but he still has late race fade IMHO. RD and JA were back far enough so it didn't matter but KR just kept pulling away.

BTW I liked Gillette as a venue a lot, the club seats were pricey but my son and his friends were able to see everything and they enjoyed it a lot. People were nice, services were excellent, and it was a good day of racing for us. Traffic leaving was tough but was a small price to pay for a lot of fun. :ride:

• Like 3

KTM/ husky 3rd and /4th were a little off on this track, could it be the track better suited the twin spar aluminum frame bikes?

dungey in third is great night for ktm winning the championship though

• Like 1

That track was horrible, worst track of the season by far, slow, rutted, with choppy whoops.  Most of the time it looked like a slow motion race.  Dungey couldn't get into any sort of rhythm, same with most of the guys, so he played it smart, got himself another podium and will clinch next week.  The only funny part of the whole thing is all the big wigs from KTM were there to party with Dungey, and now they have to wait a week.

Edited by cjjeepercreeper
  • Like 1