x tainer noisy clutch

hey there , new guy on thumper talk here. long time rider.  just picked up a new beta 2016 x trainer, way cool single track bike. agile ,awsome low end grunt. have about 150 miles on it now.  the first 60 miles or so was very quite . it has developed some clutch noise . with the clutch pulled in it goes away, let out its there. almost sounds like clutch basket hitting the cover. have drained oil and looks clean. pulled cover, looked ok. pulled out clutch pak looks ok. clutch feels normal .when  engine is cold the noise is hardly there. when it warms up   it is loud loud, almost to the point were after an hour of riding all I want to to is get off  the bike. it is that bad. took it back to the dealer  were I bought I tthey said its normal.  maybe its not the clutch assy. maybe something else . anyone have this issue.   thanks for any info  other than this issue this bike is a blast.                                          

hey there , new guy on thumper talk here. long time rider.  just picked up a new beta 2016 x trainer, way cool single track bike. agile ,awsome low end grunt. have about 150 miles on it now.  the first 60 miles or so was very quite . it has developed some clutch noise . with the clutch pulled in it goes away, let out its there. almost sounds like clutch basket hitting the cover. have drained oil and looks clean. pulled cover, looked ok. pulled out clutch pak looks ok. clutch feels normal .when  engine is cold the noise is hardly there. when it warms up   it is loud loud, almost to the point were after an hour of riding all I want to to is get off  the bike. it is that bad. took it back to the dealer  were I bought I tthey said its normal.  maybe its not the. clutch assy. maybe something else . anyone have this issue.   thanks for any info  other than this issue this bike is a blast.                                          

The 300 motor does that, some louder that others

hey there , new guy on thumper talk here. long time rider.  just picked up a new beta 2016 x trainer, way cool single track bike. agile ,awsome low end grunt. have about 150 miles on it now.  the first 60 miles or so was very quite . it has developed some clutch noise . with the clutch pulled in it goes away, let out its there. almost sounds like clutch basket hitting the cover. have drained oil and looks clean. pulled cover, looked ok. pulled out clutch pak looks ok. clutch feels normal .when  engine is cold the noise is hardly there. when it warms up   it is loud loud, almost to the point were after an hour of riding all I want to to is get off  the bike. it is that bad. took it back to the dealer  were I bought I tthey said its normal.  maybe its not the clutch assy. maybe something else . anyone have this issue.   thanks for any info  other than this issue this bike is a blast.                                          

Mine got louder around the 150 mark. Took it apart and no problems. I'm just riding it. 1,000 miles and 78 hours. Oil always been cleaner then any bike I've owned.

Mine has a bit of a rattle to it with the clutch let out in neutral. It's not a rare "issue" on motorcycles, most bikes have a little tranny noise when idling in neutral. Seems a little louder when it's warm than cold (thinner oil), and I'd agree I didn't start noticing it until several rides in.

Does the noise occur when driving in gear, or only when in neutral?

the noise goes away when the clutch is pulled in , in neutral or in gear, any gear. I also ride a ktm 400 exc - a sherco x ride 290 - and a early 60s ducati single (café) . they all make the same noise in the same situation, but barely noticeable. this noise just seems to much, it does take a lot of the enjoyment out of riding this bike. it is quite loud. maybe it is what it is.

• 4 years later...