Help me decide...

I'm in the market for an orange bike to hit the trails with. I have tracked down two fairly priced bikes. One is a 2005 250exc in extremely well kept condition. I can pick this one up for 2,200. Bike number two is a 2008 200xc that I'm considering at 2,500. This one seems to be in great shape as well.

At a $300.00 spread, which one would you pursue and why? I'm kind of leaning towards the 200 but would like to hear some opinions.

Thanks

I would get the 200 for fun factor, and they are used bikes so you can buy the 200 put $150 piston kit into it and have fun.

I would get the 200 for fun factor, and they are used bikes so you can buy the 200 put $150 piston kit into it and have fun.

Would you put a piston kit in it without doing any test or evidence of needing it?

Update:  The 200 owner is now looking for 2,700 firm and sent a few more pictures.  It's definitely not as clean as I anticipated.

2005 250 exc:

ktm2501.jpg

ktm2502.jpg

2008 200xc:

ktm2002.jpeg

ktm2001.jpeg

Update:  The 200 owner is now looking for 2,700 firm and sent a few more pictures.  It's definitely not as clean as I anticipated.

I'd still go for the 200, 3 years newer, and the 200xc is a very populer model. They don't show up for sale very often, people love them, and keep them.