It takes so long to get suited up sometimes I don't feel like riding!

:crazy:

I mean really!  The older I get the more gear I find necessary to save myself from permanent or severe injury.  I've never timed how long it takes, but it takes so long to suit up with all the gear that sometimes I find myself not riding as planned just because its a pain to suit up! ?   I'm planning on going riding after work, but we'll see. ?

In no particular order:

Polypropylene socks

Boot socks

Knee guards

Boots

Elbow protection

Jockstrap

Body armor

Neck brace

Riding pants

Riding jersey

Gloves

Helmet

Goggles

Hydration pack or fanny pack

Sheesh!?

Edited by cjjeepercreeper
  • Like 5

This is one of multiple reasons I quit riding a motorcycle on the road, and especially to work when I did ride. The last thing I wanted to do at 6:30 am was get dressed in full leathers, riding boots and helmet. I would rather have just jumped in the car and went to work ?

Mainly I quit riding on the road due to idiot drivers in cars though...

Good idea though, I think I might pull the bike out of the garage after work and hit some trails. 

Edited by d_man
  • Like 3

It can be a pain. 10-15 mins loading up, 20 mins gearing up, 30 min drive, 10-15 min unloading, 1 hr riding, 10-15 min loading,30 min drive, 10-15 min unloading, 10 min taking gear off, 30-60 min washing bike (it's always muddy on the Oregon coast), 1+ hr cleaning and laundering gear. So takes 5 hours of my day just to ride for 1 hour. It pissed the wife off from time to time but it rarely keeps me from riding when I have the itch.

• Like 2

I feel ya (minus the jockstrap part).

Going riding used to be a 2 day odyssey in preparation with the grocery shopping for sandwich fixins, snacks, drinks, ice, beer. The loading of the truck with bikes, chair, easy up (for the super hot days), carpet roll so you don't end up with stickers in your foot while changing into boots, gear bags, etc.

I finally have had it with loading and unloading the stuff so I just keep it locked in the camper shell. Bikes go on a trailer in the morning, gear bag gets tossed in the back of truck and off we go.

• Like 1

I'm just a young buck (27) on Saturday, but what I find to be the most frustrating is getting all the gear off after your dead tired......

I fully understand.  Sometimes all I get off is goggles, helmet and gloves, and I'll just sit down in a chair outside for a half hour before removing anything else.

• Like 4

Ride dualsport ... gear up in the comfort of your home, walk out to the garage, hit the button, warm up the bike, pull on helmet/gloves, close garage... and your ride begins. ?

I fully understand.  Sometimes all I get off is goggles, helmet and gloves, and I'll just sit down in a chair outside for a half hour before removing anything else.

Same, but my chair's inside.

DSC00207-L.jpg

And since you're already home when the ride's over, you don't have to put anything back on once you take your gear off. :ph34r:

• Like 5

Takes about twenty min to get ready for a moto if everything is in one place, like a gear bag. about a half hour after the moto it's in a pile on the floor, then I start again with fresh gear. I am not putting that crap back on !

Edited by slideleft
  • Like 1

Ride dualsport ... gear up in the comfort of your home, walk out to the garage, hit the button, warm up the bike, pull on helmet/gloves, close garage... and your ride begins. ?

DSC00207-L.jpg

And since you're already home when the ride's over, you don't have to put anything back on once you take your gear off. :ph34r:

sounds good but I like to get dirty......[emoji6]

DSC00207-L.jpg

You did give the dog a Pacifico, too, didn't you??   We have 2 husky/lab mix boys, the one is a fricking drunk.  He'll do anything for a beer. :goofy:

It always seems worse in the heat In the winter it's not a problem.

I wear less than you most of the time. I've slowed down.

Wear better drawers to begin with and skip the jock strap. I can't deal with things out of place working either.