black headlight shroud on 03 E

since the bulb for this bike seems to be odd, it occurred to me that maybe the headlight mounting plastic, on the inside of the headlight shell, is odd too.

Has anyone put the black headlight shroud (from an SM I believe) on an *03 E* and did the headlight assembly move right over, or did you have to carve it up?

Thanks.

The S headlight assembly is heavier than the E, but it is much better light. The assembly can be had on ebay used for anything from 30 - 80 bucks, but most do not have the plastic cover. I grabbed mine off of ebay and threw it on my E. Easy job, better light. The DRZ is a pig anyway, so I didnt care about the extra weight added to my E.

The S headlight assembly is heavier than the E, but it is much better light. The assembly can be had on ebay used for anything from 30 - 80 bucks, but most do not have the plastic cover. I grabbed mine off of ebay and threw it on my E. Easy job, better light. The DRZ is a pig anyway, so I didnt care about the extra weight added to my E.

Does it mount more or less the same?

easy to wire with stock e harness?

easy to wire with stock e harness?

The headlight transplant on my E was just one part of my conversion to a road legal bike. I added the S/SM handle bar controls as well as a tail/brake light, signals, rad fan, horn, OEM idiot lights, and an S/SM wiring harness.

I waited for deals to pop up on used parts on ebay and did the whole thing for not much money. I did have time on my side though, as I was converting this bike to be my first motorcycle and had not even taken the MSF course yet.

However adding just a headlight is pretty easy wiring work and can be done for just a few bucks.