CRF450R FULL REBUILD KIT HELP!

You guys that are dissing the Wiseco and Hotrods stuff aren't correct.

I'd be willing to bet Ive done a hell of a lot more engines for customers than you have and I use that stuff all the time. I did a 511cc stroker with a HotRods crank, main bearing  and all that, that thing has been together for 3-4 years now, and the owner just throws it against the back of the garage when he's done with it. I bet he's never even changed the oil. It gets routinely drag raced in the dunes and there isn't anything that's harder on a crank than that.

The parts are rarely the problem. The techs installing them...that's a completely different story.

Brilliant Mate I'm Having abit of bother with my bike if there is anyway you could maybe help I have opened up a new topic

You guys that are dissing the Wiseco and Hotrods stuff aren't correct.

I'd be willing to bet Ive done a hell of a lot more engines for customers than you have and I use that stuff all the time. I did a 511cc stroker with a HotRods crank, main bearing and all that, that thing has been together for 3-4 years now, and the owner just throws it against the back of the garage when he's done with it. I bet he's never even changed the oil. It gets routinely drag raced in the dunes and there isn't anything that's harder on a crank than that.

The parts are rarely the problem. The techs installing them...that's a completely different story.

It very well could be a tech issue, But i have read that some people say they have prematurely failed on them, Which on the internet may not mean a whole lot either as anyone can lie and tell any story they want with no need to prove their claims. You seem to have a lot more knowledge than i do on subjects like these, I have 12 full rebuilds (Mine and friends bike) under my belt which is not a lot but its pretty decent for a shadetree mechanic, And most of what i say about something is either from experience or from reviews of others that have used a said product, This case its from others reviews and purely what i have read. Edited by PelvicThruster

It very well could be a tech issue, But i have read that some people say they have prematurely failed on them, Which on the internet may not mean a whole lot either as anyone can lie and tell any story they want with no need to prove their claims. You seem to have a lot more knowledge than i do on subjects like these, I have 12 full rebuilds (Mine and friends bike) under my belt which is not a lot but its pretty decent for a shadetree mechanic, And most of what i say about something is either from experience or from reviews of others that have used a said product, This case its from others reviews and purely what i have read.

Ive seen brand new OEM cranks fail in 20 mins. Everybody has an outlier from time to time.

The time a crank survives depends a lot on who's riding the bike. If you've got Vinnie Vet racer running the 50 expert, lining up next to Dubach and the like, they should change the crank out at 150 hours max,If I'm spinning the wrenches, its 100. But Denny desert plonker that thumps around Ocotillo in 3rd and 4th can probably safely run his at 250-300 hours.

If you're racing at a level higher than Novice, but lower than an Expert or Pro, you probably should swap that crank at 200 hours. If your racing Pro or Expert on a weekly, plopping a crank into the thing at the same time a piston goes in at 100 is just a safety concern.

Its all relative.