Malcolm Not Racing Outdoors

Heck yeah! Dungey swingers are going to be crying in their KTM underoos once Tomac starts giving him the business.

Don't know, we'll see. Tomac has the speed, he sure as hell is just as fit if not more so than Dungey, he has the desire, no question. But.....will he gel with the Kawi outdoors and a even bigger question, can he keep it on two wheels. He needs to learn that when he has a 30+ second lead, he doesn't have to ride fully pinned increasing his odds of taking a dirt nap.
  • Like 2

A lot of hate towards a guy for not wanting to ride for free or beg for a bike.

the "hate" comes from this being a forum full of guys who pay to race we buy our own bikes, our own parts, our own gas, and our own entry fees because we love it and we would do nearly anything to get one of these so called "bad deals" that Malcolm would get.
  • Like 1

the "hate" comes from this being a forum full of guys who pay to race we buy our own bikes, our own parts, our own gas, and our own entry fees because we love it and we would do nearly anything to get one of these so called "bad deals" that Malcolm would get.

The only difference is this is your hobby and that is Malcoms job. I'm pretty sure if your employer cut your wages down to nothing you wouldn't be going to work.

• Like 3

Why does "hate" come from that? Seems kinda childish. People who reach the top of a sport (or almost anything for that matter) typically have more talent and have made huge sacrifices to get to the top of the heap. And when you get to upper reaches you have to make decisions that sometimes aren't the same as those a person who couldn't even make the minor leagues would make. "Hating" for that seems like a loser's game IMHO.

• Like 4

Would do your job for 75% less than your current wage?

• Like 6

that's a fair point I've just always assumed it'd be different for something you truly loved plus I was under the impression that the Stewart brothers aren't exactly hurting for money it's not like you're gonna see him go out and pick up a part time job since he's not racing this summer.

No,

But what what would be the best decision for him at this point.

A. Not race and suffer the consequences of taking a season off, it's too easy to regress not racing for a whole season and he'll end up having to rebuild himself for the next season or more.

B. Race for whatever team will give him the best deal and go there and prove that he deserves a factory ride.

I see taking the season does nothing for him, except put him further behind his competition.

If he took even a "B' level ride and failed he could still follow through with team Stewart come 17' supercross season, if that ends up being their plan.

I think he should take the best offer he can get, race the outdoors and 1) show everyone he has the heart and desire, 2) he deserves a top ride.

Edited by moto9

No,

A. Not race and suffer the consequences of taking a season off, it's too easy to regress not racing for a whole season and he'll end up having to rebuild himself for the next season or more.

B. Race for whatever team will give him the best deal and go there and prove that he deserves a factory ride.

I see taking the season does nothing for him, except put him further behind his competition.

If he took even a "B' level ride and failed he could still follow through with team Stewart come 17' supercross season, if that ends up being their plan.

I think he should take the best offer he can get, race the outdoors and 1) show everyone he has the heart and desire, 2) he deserves a top ride.

He won a championship.  That should lead to a promotion not a demotion.  Like Bowman said, he had to beg for a ride and work for crumbs.  Amateurs ride for free, pros need to get paid. 

and risk breaking bones or due from renal failure? We don't know his situation maybe that renal failure episode messes him up and Dr's told him he risks alot if he exerts alot in deadly heat. Maybe they found a preexisting condition where hes susceptible to it happening again and the money isn't worth it. We don't know the details and they won't tell his issue as any sx deal could get nuked.

No,

This is "professional" sports that means you get paid to do it. Pro athletes at this point are far beyond the "heart and desire" stage IMHO.

You still think James is showing up to race the Nat's or have you figured out you've been wearing your idiot glasses all this time?

They already said they're not racing outdoors. Testing for SX. I thought we all knew that already.

• Like 1