2016 xcf 250 or 350?

Im trying to decide which 2016 xcf to buy, the 250 or 350. I've read reviews and alot are impressed with the 250, and others say the 350 installs more on the slow technical stuff. Im a intermediate rider and this will be my first four stroke. Im a little over 6'2 and 250lbs, i've sat on the 250 and its a good height for me. Ill be doing trails as well as motocross, i just dont know if i need the extra power from the 350. So if you have a 2016 xcf or have ridden one please give me your opinion. I only want 2016 input since its a completely new bike, i just dont want to buy a 250 and out grow it down the line. Thx

350 hands down...  mine was my first bike and it's unbelievable.  riding my buddies 250 feels underpowered now and i haven't been riding all that long.  I'm 6'1 and 230...   if you were smaller I'd say buy the 250, and obviously you can, but you will want more soon..  especially if you get the chance to ride the 350..   I wouldn't trade my bike for the 250 or 450.. it's the perfect size and power

• Like 1

At 250 pounds, the 350 is going to pull you around much more easily. I'm 150 pounds and race the 2016 250xcf. It is an awesome bike but to be competitive you need to keep it in the upper rpm. I got 50hours out of my first top end. At your size and ridden hard you may get less hours due to the extra labouring

Also the 250 and 350 are the same size and almost identical weight.

Edited by Kato7

I have a '16 350 xcf.....get it and don't look back.I suspect if a guy your size got the 250 it would be less than 60 little red "x's" on the calendar and you would be looking at the 350.Not due to chassis size but motor.Why no consideration of the '17?Few extra goodies this coming year like traction control etc.

Think im going with the 350, id rather have it and not need it than be left wanting.

You're gonna love it!i just slapped on a fmf factory 4.1 titanium/carbon fiber rct this week,as well as 13/51 gearing and a bunch of billet aluminum bling parts.It'll be ready for the last harescramble of our season here in florida couple weeks from now....but for this weekend it's my tried and true 250xc woods weapon!!Best of luck with the bike.

The new 2017 should be at the dealers soon. Wen you guys think? Not 6 months!!!! I think like a month .

Hey vette call your local dealer and ask wen they come in?

Yeah it's only a couple months but at my dealership if you don't already have a deposit in on the xcf models you are out on first shipment,in fact the deposit list is 7 deep on the 350 xcf.Not sure if that's pretty much the standard nation wide or not.KTM dropped the xcf-w line so everyone normally wanting those is now also going after the xcf too. Edited by Genesis Sports Nutrition

The new 2017 should be at the dealers soon. Wen you guys think? Not 6 months!!!! I think like a month .

Hey vette call your local dealer and ask wen they come in?

I did ask the dealer he said he normally orders around August and they start to trickle in at the beginning of the year

Ya im in a similar situation. Had a 13 excf and the oil pump failed seizing my motor. Im jones-in for a new ride anddont know what to do. Beta/ktm/husky. 2t/4t??? High on my list is the 16 250/350 xcf or do i wait for 17. 16s are at like a 1500 discount now and i have a baby in the fall coming. I need to get my riding in now. Question is- is the new fork and traction control really worth it? The 250s now have the same hp (45) as my 13 350. Seems like plenty. Hope the reliability doesnt suffer