East Fort Rock ate my tire!

Hey all! 

Had a great time in Bend last weekend... was great fun and put over 100+ miles on in 1 day of riding. I wish I lived closer I would love to ride it more and don't do it enough. (normally a 2 time a year ride for me)

Anyways, I SMOKED my Dunlop MX11. it is a soft tire I know this but this is my second trip there and this trip did it in... like more than half of the main lugs are GONE!  I guess I was just ripping it up more than normal  :ride:

I have at least 6 rides on this tire and it is time to replace. 

What would everyone suggest?  Anyone run these ArTrax? are they worth it? they are $85 for a front and rear combo, which I need to replace both.  that is about half the cost of a MX51 combo but is it half the life?

Thanks

Nick

Hey all! 

Had a great time in Bend last weekend... was great fun and put over 100+ miles on in 1 day of riding. I wish I lived closer I would love to ride it more and don't do it enough. (normally a 2 time a year ride for me)

Anyways, I SMOKED my Dunlop MX11. it is a soft tire I know this but this is my second trip there and this trip did it in... like more than half of the main lugs are GONE!  I guess I was just ripping it up more than normal  :ride:

What would everyone suggest?  Anyone run these ArTrax? are they worth it? they are $85 for a front and rear combo, which I need to replace both.  that is about half the cost of a MX51 combo but is it half the life?

Thanks

Nick

I run them.  The SE3 is a great front tire, but the rears are average

• Like 1

Hey all! 

Thanks

Nick

If you get reasonably fresh ones.  I've noticed some of the cheaper brands, or even brand name old stock closeouts that sat around for a year or more in warehouse start to lose the solvent in the rubber and get hard. You end up losing knobs very quickly.

Edited by highmarker

Hey all! 

Thanks

Nick

I had a Michelin starcross soft have the same thing happen....I was there too.

I contacted Jeff at nuetech, tubliss about the failed tire and tubliss. Soft tires he says are good for motocross, not good for offroad.

He suggested an Ed something Bridgestone and a Sedona 907. I have ordered the latter...it's a funky looking thing too.....

• Like 1

Seen 2 907's rear roasted pretty quick (see edit), Both running tubliss. What was weird it was the 2nd row knobs failed, not the top or sides.  Maybe a psi thing or ?  center knobs being supported by the inner bladder, 2nd row not?  dunno.

edit: it wasn't the 907,    was shinko 520 rears ,      sorry,  

Edited by highmarker

WOW that 907 is a crazy looking tire.

Thanks for all the suggestions.. I ended up just peeling off the MX11 and putting on my MX51 that came with the bike... I will most likely order a set of ARTRAX SX2 tires for the front and rear and then put them on when they come in.

For $95 with new tubes I find them hard to beat!  suggestions? I haven't seen a bad review on them so.