Jump to content

2009 TE310 Turn Signals

Recommended Posts

When I purchased the bike last Thursday and when I had it inspected on Saturday all my turn signals worked.  Now they don't.  It has been sitting outside in the rain for a few days since I don't have a cover and I didn't make room for it in my shed.  I thought since it was an off road bike I could let it get soaked and it would be fine.  What could be the problem and will it fix itself once it dries out.  Anyone else have this issue in past.  Why can't the electronics handle the rain it should be sealed water tight right?  Any advice appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep in mind, it's an 8 year old bike and you really don't know what the PO has messed with. The controls on the bars should be water tight, not proof. If they've been opened before, then even less likely. Water and dirt will get in there causing bad contacts. It's not likely the signals themselves, but the switch on bars. Open, clean, dry and put them back together. A little WD40 will help. Good luck! And make some room in you shed!! Lol!

Edited by 1 lunger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still having trouble. Had tank plastics off trying to find the problem where is the turn signal flasher relay? Everything else is working but no turn signals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you open the bar switch the turn signal selector is sealed no open contacts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had intermittent electrical issues with mine as well. I keep in inside but after a hard ride one day my electric starter quit. Then it started working again about a week later. I am assuming that it was a contact issue. Make sure that all of the connections are tight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turn signals come on solid no flash now. At least control switch is working again. Maybe I burned up the flash relay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything started to work good last Thursday I spent evening drinking and working on the bike soldered connections in rear and used heat shrink put shrink over other connectors front to rear. Cleaned all light lens covers oiled chain. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1464833220.510748.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1464833248.057621.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1464833265.824429.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×