Officier Rob - CA lane splitting

I have to attend a parent sports meetings in Monterey Park taking the most congested Frwys imaginable.  Lane filtering is a necessary skill.  Do like my MRD and LED headlight, keep the revs up in the lower gears for accel or decel.

Simply amazing. This is illegal in Michigan, and seems really dangerous. I can't believe that bikes being hit isn't common. I was traveling from LA to SD two years ago and saw this, still blows my mind.

Simply amazing. This is illegal in Michigan, and seems really dangerous. I can't believe that bikes being hit isn't common. I was traveling from LA to SD two years ago and saw this, still blows my my mind

I'm rarely fearful when lane splitting, Its only when I'm going too fast that I get a little nervous... its all about the Delta.  However, I am definitely fearful the ENTIRE time I'm riding within the column of traffic.  Constantly looking in my mirrors worried Im about to be rear ended... same when Im in my truck too.  Just way too many quick stops happening as traffic speed up and slows down in congestion. 

• Like 2

I daily lane split everywhere if traffic is going slower then I'm riding, it's second nature like shifting.. In Ca it's an everyday common thing people are used to with motorcycles, it's a way of life here. Majority of the people will move over when your coming up unless they are on thier phone updating Facebook about how bad the traffic is.

I never sit in traffic. Always look ahead and expect cars to switch lanes. Also adjust the speed to how traffic is so you can stop in time. Majority of the time when bikes get hit is because they are riding wayyyy too fast and usually always are dudes on crotch rockets with no gear and a backwards hat stuck to the passenger seat.

Just be smart about it.

Edited by Kx250FRiDeR651
  • Like 2

We wouldn't last long doing that around me , besides it being illegal. I've been sitting or riding in the traffic looking ahead at the space between vehicles thinking about seeing those videos . Nobody will be looking for a bike to come up between them , many would probably swerve over to stop you even. Traffic isn't bad enough for me to even consider it worth the risk , don't think I could even live in a place it was that bad , I hate cities too much .

Edited by jjktmrider

Watch Royal Jordanian on YT.  I believe he's in the London area, some of the pedestrians are absolute twits.

After having driven and ridden in several large North American and European metropoles I've come to the conclusion that the 'anal orifice' and 'clueless doofus' genes aren't national, citizenship, ethnic, racial or culturally specific/exclusive. RJ's vids are fun to watch.

• Like 1