KTM 150XC

HI! I have been riding on a KTM105XC for awhile. The bike is starting to be a bit small and i'm going hard on the trails. The best upgrade I found was the KTM150XC. (5'4 115lbs) Just had a few questions about how it does on hills and what not. Maybe how hard does the powerband hit? 

Thank you 

-Ethan.KTM

So I can make the powerband more even like the 105? 

Yes. It will still have a differently feel since you aren't on a 105 anymore, but you can adjust the power valve timing to be more linear if that is what you are looking for. 

Edited by d_man

We have one of each they are rather close power wise with the 150 having more bottom end and longer legs. The 105 is quicker as it is lighter, they are not that far apart HP wise.

So if the power isn't too different what about a 200 xc-w? Edited by Ethan.KTM

Can't go wrong with a 200, but you'd probably love a 150 too.

I was recently searching and considering both, I would have bought either, what happened to come up was a 150 and I'm very happy with it.

The 150 is such a fun bike, it's the lightest full size XC bike, so it's super in any tight trails and hopping over logs and stuff. The 200 is a bit heavier, depending on year, and has different rear suspension (PDS vs linkage) which is a preference/riding style choice.

As far as engine, the 200 is so torquey and smooth, it'll get you places easier. The 150 has enough to get the same job done, but takes just a bit more rider skill IMO. Coming off a 105 you probably already have the skills needed, such as clutch slipping when necessary, and shifting gears to use the whole powerband, in fact the 200 might almost make you lazy where the 150 would continue to hone those skills.

• Like 1