Congrats on the new bike . . . looking forward to riding with you again soon!  Why did you have to wire up the EXC . . . had the PO removed stuff . . . did the EXC not come with a plate and all the fixins back then or something?

Thanks man i bought it for a budget project, it came stock with head and tail lamp. Had to wire signals/switch assembly, brake light switch, horn and HID zenon bulb and controller in stock mask.

believe it or not it was still time and $$ consuming. Its completed now after a good month of going at it when i had a little time here and there and am happy with the results,

Thanks man i bought it for a budget project, it came stock with head and tail lamp. Had to wire signals/switch assembly, brake light switch, horn and HID zenon bulb and controller in stock mask.

believe it or not it was still time and $$ consuming. Its completed now after a good month of going at it when i had a little time here and there and am happy with the results,

Do you still have your 300?

That's the one to get the wiring done on ?  I think instead of replating my cylinder, I may just throw a new 300 jug on my smoker and see how I like it.  I figure once I get this project done that'll be my main ride, so thinking the 300 might make it a bit more all around, but at the same time, having the 450 and not really needing the extra power on the single track that I like the smoker for, has me going back to keeping it a 250, letting it run a bit cooler, etc. 

• Like 1

ha you brought up a good point.

I hear so much bitching at work all day everyday from these hot crazy women then i see the same shit on TwitterTalk and laugh. 

cuts hair

vegan

supposedly surrounded by crazy hot women everyday, does nothing about it

spends all his free time flirting with jeff bolt...

2835929-post-53126-bill-murray-looks-at-

• Like 5

cuts hair

vegan

supposedly surrounded by crazy hot women everyday, does nothing about it

spends all his free time flirting with jeff bolt...

2835929-post-53126-bill-murray-looks-at-

hahahahahahaha oh shit Bill Murray rules

• Like 1

I was looking at the Trail Tech X2 . . . noticed they have a dual sport and off road versions . . . any idea as to the difference? 

Our Trail Tech DOT X2 has a projector top bulb and clipped 4" bottom bulb which are marked DOT and have clipped beams for not disrupting oncoming traffic. This is a Halogen setup and can be run off AC power. Much brighter than your standard KTM headlight. Our standard halogen X2 and HID both have wide beams and are not great for on road use. HID and LED require regulated DC current so factor that into your decision making process. 

• Like 2

Our Trail Tech DOT X2 has a projector top bulb and clipped 4" bottom bulb which are marked DOT and have clipped beams for not disrupting oncoming traffic. This is a Halogen setup and can be run off AC power. Much brighter than your standard KTM headlight. Our standard halogen X2 and HID both have wide beams and are not great for on road use. HID and LED require regulated DC current so factor that into your decision making process. 

That's really a great option for those that don't want to float stator ground or go with a DC stator. I would actually consider this Schmo. 

Got back from Vegas and had a bunch of boxes waiting for me.  I think I have everything ready and now just need to figure how to put it all together.  I ended up piecing the kit together to get what I wanted and think I'll be pleased with the end result.  Went with a knock off KTM light that you could swap with the stocker on my 450 and not notice a difference . . . also updated my front fender to go along with the headlight giving the bike a more updated look . . . got the KTM Euro rear fender support, some flush turn signals, etc . . . should be pretty stock looking once it's all together, which is good for what I'm going for . . . really just looking to avoid scrutiny when I have to hop on the road to connect trails so this set should work well.  I'm sure I'll have lots of questions so keep checking this thread if you know about electrical and post up any videos that might help.

Special thanks to Jeff for helping me get everything that I need quickly . . . I really appreciate the assistance and insight.  You really went above and beyond . . . I look forward to working with you on future projects. 

• Like 2

Special thanks to Jeff for helping me get everything that I need quickly . . . I really appreciate the assistance and insight. You really went above and beyond . . . I look forward to working with you on future projects.

I second that!! Jeff knows more about the the mechanical's of bikes than most of us. When all is said and done he is always willing to help out a fellow rider with the best bang for the buck.

Good luck on your bike!! Keep us posted.

Edited by ballisticexchris
  • Like 1

Got step one complete...got the fitment figured out . Next hurdle is figuring out how to make it work.  I'm really pleased with the fitment and how clean it looks.  Only problem is I'm going to have to change out the rear on my 450 as this rear set up is so much cleaner looking than my stocker on the 450, even after my plastic surgery job and trim and tuck.  Really pleased with the look of the headlight . . . for about 40 bucks you just can't beat a complete set up that looks exactly like stock . . . great find Jeff!!! 

Edited by schmo
  • Like 4

Getting close, just need to figure out how to tie the headlight and headlight switch and then will need to hook up the rear brake sensor and get all the wires for the harness routed.  I was planning to run everything separate off of the battery but the new harness doesn't have connections for the headlight or switch. 

Special thanks to Jeff for helping me get everything that I need quickly . . . I really appreciate the assistance and insight.  You really went above and beyond . . . I look forward to working with you on future projects.

Thanks Joe... looks good... glad you like it.

I have those headlights, tailpiece and blinkers... and most of the stuff in stock now... and can drop ship anything I don't have on hand.

post-269629-14656234263042.jpg

post-269629-14656234638303.jpg

Edited by Albert Chalmers
  • Like 2

Wow looks great! What color wires do have? let's see if it's the same colors as mine.

The head light has blue, green, white, and brown at the plug.  The small light has green and brown going to it and the main hi/low light has green, blue, and white going to it.

I'm kinda lost at this point!!!

On my stock headlamp head lamp Connector

Blue = high beam

Green = low beam

White = small bulb power

Brown = ground for both bulbs

IN your case it sounds like green is ground that is split between the two bulbs, can you visually verify that?

If that's the case then I would guess

White = low beam

Blue= high beam

Brown = small bulb power

On my stock headlamp head lamp Connector

Blue = high beam

Green = low beam

White = small bulb power

Brown = ground for both bulbs

IN your case it sounds like green is ground that is split between the two bulbs, can you visually verify that?

If that's the case then I would guess

White = low beam

Blue= high beam

Brown = small bulb power

That's my guess too seeing how green goes to both the little light and to the big one.

Thanks again Jeff!!!

Got everything working just how I wanted it . . . took a little bit to figure out the headlight  . . . luckily Jeff knows his way around this stuff and was able to diagnose things with me over the phone and sure enough once I did what he said to do and got my thoughts straight, everything works just right . . . just need a crimp on end so I can tie my ground wire into the battery.  I don't really like a lot of the connectors, not sure if it's worth it to go thru it and cut them out and solder and shrink wrap or tape the wires or just go thru and tape them up and be done with it.

• Like 1