A noob with noob questions

I have two atvs, an MZ 100 that I've had for 8 years. The grandkids ride it hard and I would love to find a source of parts. Any ideas? To date I've made my own but there will come a day........ Second question is I also have a recently acquired a 1992 Honda trx250x, also a very well built machine that's in good shape. It has a FMF exhaust and a KN air filter and it has a drop in idle speed after running for an hour or so. I'm kind of puzzled by this. My background has always been with diesel power so carberators are way outside my depth. Could jetting be causing this? Or if jetting were causing it wouldn't it be constant? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for having me!

First things first, welcome to T/T. Now about that idle drop, once warmed up..... it really could be anything but I'm thinking along the lines of a leaky intake or other vacuum lose.

• 2 weeks later...

First things first, welcome to T/T. Now about that idle drop, once warmed up..... it really could be anything but I'm thinking along the lines of a leaky intake or other vacuum lose.

Sorry to take so long to respond. You were spot on, the intake was loose and after tightening it up the problem seems to be solved. Thanks again

• Like 1