What hauls your bike?

Here's a pic I took from Memorial Day weekend. Loaded up the toys and fishing gear, tent, etc and headed to play in my aunts farm of 60acres. Lots of fun!

But anyway - what hauls your bike?

Mines a 2006 Nissan Titan.. Hoping to see some nice toy haulers as that might be a purchase for next year ;):ride:

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1464970794.984054.jpg

Currently a 2014 chevy 1500 4x4 that I got for super cheap.

Going to look at a 2002 2500HD tomorrow. If I can grab it for a good price I'm going to sell my 2014 and make a nice profit. Use some of that cash to turbo the 2002. I sold my drag truck a while back and have been itching for another boosted V8 ever since. Everyone needs ~900rwhp to go to home depot and cart their dirt bike around, right? 

How do you like that Nissan? 

2014 Ram 1500

Crew Cab

6'4" bed

5.7 Hemi

8 speed trans

4x4

3.92 gears

Torsen limited slip

Awesome truck.  That 8 speed transmission is phenomenal.  This was the same trans that was being put into Rolls Royces and other $100,000+ vehicles.  How Chrysler managed to get it in the RAM at that price point (I paid $38K for mine) I'll never know.  All I know is it's by far the best transmission I've ever driven.  

I think it's hard to go wrong with any of the American trucks to be honest.  I'm sure the Chevy guys will rag on the Ford guys, the Ford guys will rag on the Dodge guys and Dodge guys will rag on the Chevy guys.  But at the end of the day I think all 3 are great and much better than the average passenger vehicles.  i know guys with all 3 brands that have over 300,000 hard miles on them.

Edited by Doc_d

Currently a 2014 chevy 1500 4x4 that I got for super cheap.

Going to look at a 2002 2500HD tomorrow. If I can grab it for a good price I'm going to sell my 2014 and make a nice profit. Use some of that cash to turbo the 2002. I sold my drag truck a while back and have been itching for another boosted V8 ever since. Everyone needs ~900rwhp to go to home depot and cart their dirt bike around, right? 

How do you like that Nissan? 

Ahhaha yes that is awesome!  900RWhp that must of been a beast!!   I love my Titan.  Has a 130,000 on it and runs like new - and it's paid off!  I almost Turbo'd it but after I read a bunch of threads on how much the 5.6 hates any type of boost I decided not to... Also realized I don't 'need' it and stock is fine - maybe someday when I'm rich haha   Turbo Titan would be sooo sweet :)  

2014 Ram 1500

Crew Cab

6'4" bed

5.7 Hemi

8 speed trans

4x4

3.92 gears

Torsen limited slip

Awesome truck.  That 8 speed transmission is phenomenal.  This was the same trans that was being put into Rolls Royces and other $100,000+ vehicles.  How Chrysler managed to get it in the RAM at that price point (I paid $38K for mine) I'll never know.  All I know is it's by far the best transmission I've ever driven.  

I think it's hard to go wrong with any of the American trucks to be honest.  I'm sure the Chevy guys will rag on the Ford guys, the Ford guys will rag on the Dodge guys and Dodge guys will rag on the Chevy guys.  But at the end of the day I think all 3 are great and much better than the average passenger vehicles.  i know guys with all 3 brands that have over 300,000 hard miles on them.

ok First of all, no one buys a big ass truck for MPG - but I am curious!  haha what type of MPG you get with that 8 speed??  

My titan is horrible!  90% of my driving is in town, rarely over 35mph, stop go stop go... that being said if I don't leave down, I'm looking at 8.5 - 9.5 mpg.   If I run the highway a lot, even towing, I can get up to 14 on a tank.   

We are towing the rzr to Hatfield n McCoy trails for Fathers day weekend... Sadly the bike will be staying home... But I'll be checking on my MPG's as it's the furthest I've ever towed the Rzr

Edited by Rage232

ok First of all, no one buys a big ass truck for MPG - but I am curious!  haha what type of MPG you get with that 8 speed??  

You're in luck, I track my fuel mileage and literally just filled up on lunch.

My truck will track fuel economy averages over-all and for each of my two trip meters.  I reset one of my trip meters on my last fill-up.  The "lie-o-meter" read 18.7 MPG for the last tank.  Mileage was 472 mile for the last tank.  That was a 50/50 mix of city/highway.  It took 26 gallons to fill up.  So at least in this case the "lie-o-meter" was reasonably accurate.

I've owned this truck for 2 years now and it pretty much averages 18 - 20 MPG regardless of whether I drive surface roads or highway.  I think that's due to the 3.92 gears.  I think they actually help fuel economy on the surface roads and hurt it a bit on the highway over 70 MPH.   Stop and go traffic really does hurt the fuel economy..  Most of my driving is during lower traffic hours so that plays into it when I don't have to deal with stop and go.

Doc

Edited by Doc_d

A very rusty 1999 4wd GMC. It's definitely not pretty and not new, but is reliable, and I bought it super cheap. Which leaves more cash for dirtbikes and parts

Edited by Kickstart97

2015 Sierra with a fairly modified harbor freight trailer.

Truck.jpeg

Trailer.jpg

You're in luck, I track my fuel mileage and literally just filled up on lunch.

My truck will track fuel economy averages over-all and for each of my two trip meters.  I reset one of my trip meters on my last fill-up.  The "lie-o-meter" read 18.7 MPG for the last tank.  Mileage was 472 mile for the last tank.  That was a 50/50 mix of city/highway.  It took 26 gallons to fill up.  So at least in this case the "lie-o-meter" was reasonably accurate.

I've owned this truck for 2 years now and it pretty much averages 18 - 20 MPG regardless of whether I drive surface roads or highway.  I think that's due to the 3.92 gears.  I think they actually help fuel economy on the surface roads and hurt it a bit on the highway over 70 MPH.   Stop and go traffic really does hurt the fuel economy..  Most of my driving is during lower traffic hours so that plays into it when I don't have to deal with stop and go.

Doc

That's awesome!   I will def. consider if I ever decide it's time for new.  Wife wants me to get a new truck.  But I Love my Titan - nothing wrong with it, drives smooth as butter unlike most of the big 3...  My old Ram1500 I swear that thing didnt' even have suspension on it lol.

My T has 3.36 gears that come with the 'big-tow' package for 9,200lb capacity.  I don't have the fancy "lie-o-meter" in mine though.  For the 1st three years I owned it, I refused to calculate it b/c I knew it was bad.  Getting 220 - 240 miles on 22-23 gallons... Oh well still love the truck ;)

Edited by Rage232

On a side note - Thanks for moving this Mods!  I had no idea there was even a "Trucks, Trailers, RV's & Toy Haulers" section!!  TT Rocks!

Old school

1464979947694.jpg

2014 F150XL, 2WD, base 3.7 liter V6,  302hp / 280tq, 3.73 gears

with either an 8ft utility trailer when I simply go trail riding or,

a special built 9ft flatbed trailer with tool & gear storage boxes when I spend the day at an MX track.

Edited by mlatour

Ahhaha yes that is awesome!  900RWhp that must of been a beast!!   I love my Titan.  Has a 130,000 on it and runs like new - and it's paid off!  I almost Turbo'd it but after I read a bunch of threads on how much the 5.6 hates any type of boost I decided not to... Also realized I don't 'need' it and stock is fine - maybe someday when I'm rich haha   Turbo Titan would be sooo sweet :)

Yea the drag truck was a 2wd 1500, went high 9s with me driving... i'm not great at the track, not enough seat time. The chevy truck motors share architecture and many parts with the LS motors... unless you want to really get nit picky they're basically iron LS motors. They LOVE boost. One of my best friends has a 2500HD with 275k miles, motor is stock except valve springs, trans just has a shift kit. The fuel rails are stock, injectors & pump are not stock. Runs a Chinese knockoff turbo, ebay intercooler, ebay waste gate & BOV... makes 750ish hp to the tires. Hes put 40k miles on the truck with that setup and its still running strong. That setup ran him about 5k... stupid cheap for that much reliable HP. 

Some motors just can't handle boost or really much more power than stock. Doesn't mean they're bad motors, they're just not insanely overbuilt like the chevy motors. You could always swap a chevy v8 into that titan if the stock motor gives you troubles :) 

2015 Chevy 2500HD LTZ duramax engine

1988 f250 with a 460 and c6 ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1464986934.785820.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1464988183.543608.jpg

'99 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel.

2006 Toyota Sienna , also 2008 Toyota Prius for a daily driver , getting 60 mpg means more money for racing

Old school

Older school.

The Coconino N.F. is about 150 yards out my back door. From there I can access most of Arizona.  :p

2015 Sierra with a fairly modified harbor freight trailer.

What stand is that?
uploadfromtaptalk1465011437421.jpg picked this up last month pulled by this uploadfromtaptalk1465011572590.jpg a not stock '15 duramax Edited by bfaucett