Hi guys im buying an rmz 250

I want to know some thjings i have to look at to know if its in good shape and has been well taken care of...

If you guys could tell me what to look at i'd really appreciate (I Know the tires are worn a lot... lol)

Thanks in advance !

13295364_851695421601498_1604894496_n.jpg

Edited by SuzPowa

The guy told me he does not know how many hours it has ... But he told me that his uncle checked everything including compression , valves and everything so it could be good for this season ... And he told me the bike was very well maintained ... but after all we never know he can say bullshit if you know what i mean ..

Well we doing Trade ! My Rm125 vs his rmz 250 ... He told me he tried a 125 2 stroke and told me he like better the riding style of 2 strokes

Well we doing Trade ! My Rm125 vs his rmz 250 ... He told me he tried a 125 2 stroke and told me he like better the riding style of 2 strokes

He told you his uncle checked out the bike and said it was good. This is a red flag to walk away from the bike.

well he told me his uncle checked everything so before the season the bike would be good ? Why should i walk away

well he told me his uncle checked everything so before the season the bike would be good ? Why should i walk away

Because it means he doesnt have a clue on how to maintain the bike, Which means it probably wasnt.

Well he has a scooter and everything... costum . and he told me he knows basics about dirtbikes but not very advanced ... and took it to his uncle so he could see if all is 300% good for season

Well he has a scooter and everything... costum . and he told me he knows basics about dirtbikes but not very advanced ... and took it to his uncle so he could see if all is 300% good for season

Everything you said his uncle checked on the bike is the basics. Checking compression,valves,etc is basic stuff that any 4 stroke owner should be able to do.

If i went to check out a bike and the owner was like yeah my buddy checked it over and said it was good. I would run for the hills.

And remember, where there's one, there'll always be another (as hard as that may be to remember when you want it and you want it yesterday).

I know several guys who rushed into a pe-owned bike and ignored some similar red flags and advice, and before long, they were left with grenaded engines and no money from mom and dad to fix it: basically they wound up with a broken paperweight. Be patient. Find the clean bike.

Edited by Kitchener