The 2017 reviews are coming in

Its adressed  but not fixed according to MXA

Ive been a lojal KX450f costumer but that they cant fix the popping in 2 years makes

me i bit disepointet 

+  

whit a brand new model it sits 3rd or 4th place in the HP war..not good

Why make all this changes for 2016 that is JUST a  mellow bike compared to others?

That makes me VERY disipointed

KX450F was the king in the horse powerwar just 3-4 years ago it was the RACE-engine all

average Joe (majority of the buyers) fell for when buying a new bike, not the suspension.

It makes me wonder for the future.......

Edited by skorpan777

I'm in the same boat, I've owned Kawi's since 2009, just sold my 13' and I'm not sure where to go from here. I don't mind throwing in a little high octane if that'll help the detonation. But, damn...shouldn't have to do that.

What to do, what to do...

Edited by XtremeDuners

None of us can even ride a 450 to its potential why are you complaining about power? And a little popping is that the end of the world? You could line up to a national on this thing and kill it bone stock. So many complaints about the most petty things. All the bikes are more than competitive. Unless its a flaw thats going to grenade the motor is it that big of a deal

I'm in the same boat, I've owned Kawi's since 2009, just sold my 13' and I'm not sure where to go from here. I don't mind throwing in a little high octane if that'll help the detonation. But, damn...shouldn't have to do that.

What to do, what to do...

Its not detonation is just decell pop that a simple remap takes care of.......The 450f now is all i can handle with the green coupler in. Go to the white one and remap for more power if ya want it

HP is the last spec I'm concerned with on a 450.  My 16 KX turns as good as my Suzukis ever did and it's as stable as an oil tanker and unbelievably light and nimble.  If you need more power (which I doubt any of us really do), it's much easier and significantly less expensive to make a slower bike faster than it is to make a bad chassis handle.

As for the popping, I live in MA and I have not heard of any popping on any 16 KX450 out here.  I have tried different couplers, different exhausts and different fuels and it runs smooth and crisp.  Maybe it's a climate/humidity thing?  I'd be curious to know where people live who are experiencing the popping.

• Like 1

Its not detonation is just decell pop that a simple remap takes care of.......The 450f now is all i can handle with the green coupler in. Go to the white one and remap for more power if ya want it

It is detonation, the review clearly says they got it to detonate, which is absolutely different than pop on decal (my 13 did all the time), not a big deal.

I've had this discussion on here before about using the 450 to it's potential. I ride in the sand/track 50/50 and hammer on than thing 10x more than sand than I ever would on a track. Constantly off the rev limiter and using every bit of HP.

With that being said, it's a big deal to me. But, if guys are not grenading motors, I guess there's something to be said for that.

Edited by XtremeDuners

None of us can even ride a 450 to its potential why are you complaining about power? And a little popping is that the end of the world? You could line up to a national on this thing and kill it bone stock. So many complaints about the most petty things. All the bikes are more than competitive. Unless its a flaw thats going to grenade the motor is it that big of a deal

Not true

Iam not a pro racer but i almost every ride have full throttle.

Because we dont have hardpacked track you seem to have.

Our tracks is mostly deep sand so you cant make assumtions just from your point of view

In europe we have alot deep sand tracks

I stay with my 14 because i dont want start put serous money into a brand new bike

Edited by skorpan777

It is detonation, the review clearly says they got it to detonate, which is absolutely different than pop on decal (my 13 did all the time), not a big deal.

I've had this discussion on here before about using the 450 to it's potential. I ride in the sand/track 50/50 and hammer on than thing 10x more than sand than I ever would on a track. Constantly off the rev limiter and using every bit of HP.

With that being said, it's a big deal to me. But, if guys are not grenading motors, I guess there's something to be said for that.

Yea i suppose they did. But he is talking bout the popping and detonation is the same sentence . There not the same thing nor are they related. I think he is just calling it detonation but means popping.

Edited by spin05

We can agree to disagree, but everyone that tested the 16, referred to detonation. I'm not too worried about that though, I'll just run a little higher octane.

I ended up picking up a 16 this last weekend and ran a few heat cycles around the block. That noise from the clutch side is something else, sounds like a damn jet engine. I know it's been covered already, so I'll get that taken care of right away.

Edited by XtremeDuners

We can agree to disagree, but everyone that tested the 16, referred to detonation. I'm not too worried about that though, I'll just run a little higher octane.

I ended up picking up a 16 this last weekend and ran a few heat cycles around the block. That noise from the clutch side is something else, sounds like a damn jet engine. I know it's been covered already, so I'll get that taken care of right away.

My bike has 11 hours and still no sign of this noise. Someone should make a video of what it sounds like. My dealer hasn't heard of it and they move a lot of bikes.

What is the problem,,,and fix?

• 1 year later...