WR250f versus Ktm 350

I have a Ktm 350 exc with no restrictions, is that much stronger then a wr250f?

I would love to try one but there isn't any around here, a yz250f I can find but Is that to far off?

Can the wr be made like the fx or yz with just the power tuner?

I'm thinking about the new wr's here 2015 and 2016 :)

I have owned two older EXC 2Ts, and to be honest, I liked the suspensions on those bikes better than the WRs.  The WRs are good, but the EXC is plusher and handled the tough spots easier.  And what I found is they are sit down rides, don't handle correctly when you stand up on the pegs, or at least didn't for me.

I had a 95 and a 98.  The riding position on the 98 was a direct fit to the WR, everything fell into the same positions for me; bars, pegs, seat height.  Loved that bike.  The only feature on the 98 that is supremely better was the seat......really plush seat on that bike.  I change all my Yamaha seats to Guts Racing tall soft foam.

• Like 1

I have owned two older EXC 2Ts, and to be honest, I liked the suspensions on those bikes better than the WRs. The WRs are good, but the EXC is plusher and handled the tough spots easier. And what I found is they are sit down rides, don't handle correctly when you stand up on the pegs, or at least didn't for me.

I had a 95 and a 98. The riding position on the 98 was a direct fit to the WR, everything fell into the same positions for me; bars, pegs, seat height. Loved that bike. The only feature on the 98 that is supremely better was the seat......really plush seat on that bike. I change all my Yamaha seats to Guts Racing tall soft foam.

So your opinion on a new WR is based on a 19 year old WR.... wow.

The new WR needs a muffler, You will also need the competition ECU if you are in North America once that is done the power is the same as an FX.

I bought a 15 FX at the same time my riding budy bought a 15 350exc. His bike has more power, it has more weight, it changes direction slower, its suspension is not confidence inspiring. His plastics are looking more worn.

An Australian publication did a yz/yzfx/wr comparison on a cross country type track and the uncorked wr was the fastest.

• Like 2

I have a Ktm 350 exc with no restrictions, is that much stronger then a wr250f?

I would love to try one but there isn't any around here, a yz250f I can find but Is that to far off?

Can the wr be made like the fx or yz with just the power tuner?

I'm thinking about the new wr's here 2015 and 2016 :)

I don't believe anything you do will help make that WR anything close to the 350.

• Like 1