Since 5 years ago, how has your riding opportunities changed?

Just curious, since 5 years ago:

1. My public land riding opportunities have INCREASED.

2. My public land riding opportunities have DECREASED.

3. My public land riding opportunities are about the SAME.

4. I don't ride on public land.

Please reply with what best describes YOUR experience.

I'd say a very slight increase.  We got a ~40 mile gated single track about 6 miles up the road from my house on BLM managed land.  Other than that, no changes other than the UTV invasion has gotten worse.

I would ride on public land if any were available to me.

Added another choice:

5. I don't care about this topic. :smirk:

Added another choice:

5. I don't care about this topic. :smirk:

Problem is, Bryan, that is probably the #1 choice by default, the response to this post has been underwhelming.  Very few folks care about land use issues.  I feel very alone sometimes.

My public land riding opportunities are about the same. But ORV stickers to ride have nearly doubled and trail maintenance has gone down hill, prepare for trees and whoops.

In northern Arizona they went dramatically down on USFS land. Some are coming back slowly, but it's not wide open as it was prior to, say 2010. You get to ride in circles. Different from 50 or 100 mile loops. I ride mostly distance type off road now, dualsport or adventure? BLM and native lands are fine, as are private ranchlands.

If I hadn't had a dual sport it be zip riding opportunities in nj since my dual sport was stolen yup it's either ride illegally or not ride at all being I can't afford a new one

Here in nj my riding has decreased significantly. The state park police have ramped up patrols in the state forests so much that you are bound to encounter one every ride. My cr is registered and insured but the officers always find something to complain about such as "you can't register a 2 stroke in nj". No tickets yet but it's a matter of time.

As a young rider (18), it has increased due to the fact i can transport my bike on my own now.

Here in nj my riding has decreased significantly. The state park police have ramped up patrols in the state forests so much that you are bound to encounter one every ride. My cr is registered and insured but the officers always find something to complain about such as "you can't register a 2 stroke in nj". No tickets yet but it's a matter of time.

I'm in nj also and have the same problem. I ride almost everyday although it's only my beta 4t. My 2t doesn't get much use anymore. The cops here are so screwed up here that they even set up fake accidents in trails and when you stop to see if they are ok they ambush you. Meanwhile every time I drive by local store I see some shady deal happening by the many scumbags that are moving into the area due to the next "affordable housing" project that just ripped down 5acres.

Officially, the public land opportunities have decreased here...however, I now practice civil disobedience, so in reality my opportunities have greatly expanded.

My public land riding opportunities have DECREASED.

Won some miles but lost much more.

Decreased. Got a gun pulled on me the other day for riding in posted ground

18 minutes ago, Jazmeireo1 said:

Decreased. Got a gun pulled on me the other day for riding in posted ground

Well duh.  As a private land owner I'd be pissed if some meathead was riding on my place without permission.  

I feel like we just lose a little bit of riding opportunity every year.  Too many loud mouths with too much time.  If half these hippys had jobs they wouldn't have time to shut down all our riding areas.  Luckily here in Idaho we have more public single track than any other state.  We do have to clear a lot of our own trails because there just isn't enough manpower to maintain all the trails.  It's a good problem to have.  We fought for the Boulder White Clouds, and I'm glad we still get to use them. Here is a pic from last fall in the White Clouds.

14241514_10208266589637038_6224058278102454836_o.jpg

Edited by jacobdewey

Yeah I wasn't aware it was private land. Is used pretty much by everyone to get from one place to another. I did see a No Hunting sign but I'm not hunting I'm riding a bike.

Nothing has increased or decreased... 1000s of miles of trails, hundreds of square miles of land to ride pretty much wherever I want... 

Lucky your not in nj. Acres and acres of pine barrens that no one is allowed to use. We still manage to get some fun trails in but only if you're plated. And every year the enduro/hare scramble rides get whittled down

Well, here in central texas its decreasing. crooked creek shuts down june 10 2017, so I went back to a place where people have been riding since the 60's and started making new trails away from where the side x sides have giant mud holes, come to find out that the place is getting shut down on 7-1-17 All the real good natural terrain areas that I know of are closed. fu%$@#g tree huggers

I don't ride on public land, but the amount of legal public riding has been shrinking in Ma. since the mid 80's. Regulation was changed 7 years ago that required an ATV sticker on all bikes, quads and snowmobiles even on your own property! So now the EPO's are starting to enforce all these regulations and have now started to go to organized ( NETRA, JDay, etc. etc.) events looking to hand out tickets on a CLOSED COURSE, PRIVATE PROPERTY, event! It's crazy. Basically these new rules/laws are allowing EPO's to come on to your property without a search warrant and the only probable cause being you may be riding without the sticker!