Clutch question

Hey guys. Just took my bike out today and it's shifting fine, but I came up to a corner pretty quick in third gear, so I pulled in the clutch, shifted into first, slowed down and released the clutch and the bike just kept rolling like it was in neutral and then 1st gear bit after about 1.5 seconds. I did the same thing about 5 more times and 2 or 3 of the times it did the same thing again. What could this be?

Change your fibers. I have the Z Start Pro. If it's been a while change them. I change my oil more often than most people because of my clutch, but it's worth it. I've had it on 3 bikes. Changed plates 3 times and fibers 5. Well worth it. When you take the measuring meters and check it, they shouldn't go in. If they do, you need new fibers. I use Recluse, but they cost the same as any others.

Edited by kodibear_wc

Thanks for the feedback. I was just riding yesterday flat out in 5th gear, let off the gas and my bike acted like I shifted down into 4th! Jerked me forward quite a bit, caught me off guard!

I've been changing my oil religiously also. Do you remember how much the fibers cost?

Is it a problem if I don't know exactly what type of rekluse clutch I have? I bought the bike with it installed

When you take your clutch cover off, have your computer close by and go to recluse website and start comparing the pictures. I know the Z start pro fits an 06-15. But you'll be able to tell. It will also have video instructions for install so just work backwards.

Sounds like compression braking. Is that the first time this has ever happened to you?

My Rekluse does it less than the stock clutch used to but there is still some compression breaking if you cut the throttle fast.

Yes that was the first time it ever happened to me

Thanks kodi I'll do that this weekend

Thanks for the input guys but the bike just blew up AGAIN the other day. So I'm gonna tear into it, see what I've got going on, fix it and sell it. I need to find a steady income before I can afford to own and Maintain a bike. Way too expensive of a hobby right now

• Like 1