Dirt Bike Mag test... XR650L

You guys n ladies in North America are lucky....we don't have the option to walk into a dealer here in Australia and purchase a new one and ride off into our many great wilderness areas....

More so though I'd want the 650R new, but a new L would be OK...

C'mon Honda give me an efi R...

Edited by Gripo
  • Like 1

Brian Jackson at 4strokes did more than I did, really, you can thank him for the pics and the good writeup!

The mods used to just be the normal XRL mods, baja designs used to sell the jets, the drill bit, and the washer!

They stopped selling that and went to the dynojet kit, and the recipe kinda fell by the wayside for awhile, all the pieces were sitting at the yahoo XRLUG group waiting to be all put together again.

Brian Jackson at 4strokes did more than I did, really, you can thank him for the pics and the good writeup!

The mods used to just be the normal XRL mods, baja designs used to sell the jets, the drill bit, and the washer!

They stopped selling that and went to the dynojet kit, and the recipe kinda fell by the wayside for awhile, all the pieces were sitting at the yahoo XRLUG group waiting to be all put together again.

yeah,,but he doesn`t come here......so we thank you,,as you support/ frequent our forum.. ?

So you gotta live with me talkin you up like you did everything,,     get to like it Dave?

B

Edited by brianhare

Going slightly back to topic... I just looked at a '15 model. It was identical to my '12. No canister. At least I assume it was a '15. Maybe it was a left over '13 or '14. And are you guys saying that xr650l_dave is one of/the creater/s of Daves mods?

ill see if I can scan in and upload my 94 dirt rider review when it first came out (well the following year with the changes from 93) and they torture tested it in the blackwater wv!  great read!  also have the 94 issue with scott summers setup 650l,  all super cool, they praised the bike back in the day..

still a very very capable trail bike!

Edited by lax30