Dirt Bike Mag test... XR650L

Going slightly back to topic... I just looked at a '15 model. It was identical to my '12. No canister. At least I assume it was a '15. Maybe it was a left over '13 or '14. And are you guys saying that xr650l_dave is one of/the creater/s of Daves mods?

That's him.

I think its the same test with just a few new pics they have put out every 5 years or so for the last 20  :smirk:

http://dirtbikemagazine.com/home-features/dual-sport-test-honda-xr650l

It is an honest test and evaluation of the bike.  NO it is no KTM 500EXC but for everyday riding It cant be beat.  I own a KTM 500EXC and a DRZ 400 also. Each unique in their own ways.

what HONDA needs to do is to continue to produce it - good money maker and everyone loves it.

But!

Build something new! and NOT a CRF250L. and NOT a CRF 450X  made into an L. 

a New completely new 500 or 600 unlike anything seen.  They have the engineering know how and technology - but they will only build what they see the market will bare and make them money.  So, for now they see - Adventure bikes as the craze - introduce the African twin.  The XR650L is nearly pure profit, tooling paid for easily reproduced in mass and earning mucho money. I doubt that for another ten years it will change if ever.