xr650r -- what's changed?

Hi. I'm looking at a 2000 xr650r. Don't know the bike except that it's an xr650r!!!! :ride:    ===> a truly awesome bike!

What's changed on the bike over the years, from 2000 to 2007?

TIA.

Harry

The clutch basket bushing on early models had only 2 lubrication holes and was prone to seize, this part was later superseded by an updated version with 4 holes. Only early models were affected 2000-2001. Mine is a 2000 model and it had an updated bushing, so I suppose only 1 or 2 batch has received the old parts during production.

The other thing is that I have also seen some later models having only a sticker (vynil) on the main frame presenting VIN and manufacturing details. Mine has an aluminium plate, with details printed and punched on it, then the plate is fastened by 2 rivets.

The ignition coil was also superseded over the years, not sure from what year, also not sure whats changed. I have both coils and they have been tested for the same resistance on the terminals when I megged it. They also look exactly the same.

There are a few other parts that have been superseded over the years but the all look the same anyway, perhabs better materials. Not worth mentoning.

The only thing to look out for is the clutch bushing if you buy an early model.

The black one on the picture is the updated version.

DSC_1013.jpg

Edited by Chocos