2016 KX450F with SFF TAC forks...

These are good settings! I've been testing a lot and going back to them. I also found the left fork tends to build a lot of air up quite fast. Makes them feel worse. Mabe it's that

That's crazy and hard to believe, the o-rings I've seen are a like a 1/8" thick.

I have, what I believe is a good fork setting, and it feels great for the first 10 laps or so. I don't know how to explain it, but it feels like it increasingly turns worse and worse as the day goes on.

yea i use a big one about a 1/8. i was wondering where it went i thought it got pinched off or something. Explains why when i tried to clean the seal with my little plastic dirt removal tool it wouldnt go all the way around

yea i use a big one about a 1/8. i was wondering where it went i thought it got pinched off or something. Explains why when i tried to clean the seal with my little plastic dirt removal tool it wouldnt go all the way around

Where do you usually ride at?

Where do you usually ride at?

I have a local private track we mostly ride at. Hard to pass up 20 min from the house. Every other track is 3-4hrs for us. We hit Riverdale a few times usually. Horn in the winter. Washougal on occasion. I have rode less this year as far as traveling then any other time.

Ok you guys who dont like the air forks watch this video. 

I tried this test on my tac forks and sure enough they dont move . I then went down in outer chamber pressure from 14.5 to 7 psi initially and much better, they actually move . I have almost 60 hours on my 16 and its never seen a trail all track riding and racing. Ive tried countless setting and my favorite is 185/0/185 im 210 lbs vet A rider, my sons bike I have 180/0/180 . Biggest change I notice besides being plusher in little bumps is front wheel traction. Front end hooks so much harder its impressive. So try it if you want or dont but it works awesome on my bike. with a  setting of 185/0/204 forks ride to low in stroke in hard braking and are actually stiffer on braking bumps, backing off balance chamber pressure makes it ride higher in stroke and its plusher. 

I tried this test on my tac forks and sure enough they dont move . I then went down in outer chamber pressure from 14.5 to 7 psi initially and much better, they actually move . I have almost 60 hours on my 16 and its never seen a trail all track riding and racing. Ive tried countless setting and my favorite is 185/0/185 im 210 lbs vet A rider, my sons bike I have 180/0/180 . Biggest change I notice besides being plusher in little bumps is front wheel traction. Front end hooks so much harder its impressive. So try it if you want or dont but it works awesome on my bike. with a  setting of 185/0/204 forks ride to low in stroke in hard braking and are actually stiffer on braking bumps, backing off balance chamber pressure makes it ride higher in stroke and its plusher. 

I'm going to try out these settings, ill probably go tiny bit more on the inner for my weight and match the balance chamber like yours. Riding hangtown tomorrow with 20 guys so lots of track time ill get a good feel .

Thanks

Sounds good, the difference between 180 and 185 is noticeable so I don't think you'll need to go up much from setting I'm running on my bike if any. I run rebound close to stock on sand tracks and 2 to 3 clicks faster on rebound for harder tracks with braking bumps that are close together.

how much does your son wiegh at that 180/0/180 setting???

That 180/0/180 should be good for roughly 185 lb rider. I can ride his bike at that setting but its little soft for me on big landings. Basically if you feel its going through stroke too fast put more air in and if it feels like your not using all the travel go less. 

• Like 1

Lots of great information here, thanks so much guys! This is my first green bike, always rode red, and I'm impressed! 16' KX450-to be clear.

I weigh 160 and am currently running 155-8-165 with a 5.4 rear spring and 105 sag.

I run desert races here in New Mexico and am really enjoying it, great people and always helpful.

I have been having some problems with the rear swapping side to side in deeper whoop sections. The lighter rear spring helped but didn't eliminate it. I've been slowly opening the high speed adjustment hoping to find that sweet spot.

I also dropped 2 teeth to a 48 tooth rear sprocket, wow is the top end up there. 1st gear is a tad bit tall in slower more technical sections (hoping the terminology is correct). However, I noticed that I lost some of the nimbleness in turns, with the longer wheel base. Faster and longer than expected.

All feedback welcome on settings.

Thanks!

Im a 180lb local midpack pro. I felt like the 185/0/185 Had hardly any bottoming resistance and was dangerous If I overjumped anything. And was way too soft. I went back to 185/14.5/203 and it worked much much better. Another setting that was good was 175/12.5/185.