2016 to 2012 fork swap?

Does anyone know for sure that a set of 2012 forks will bolt right up to a 2016? I can't get comfortable with the air fork. I have the spring conversion on one of my bikes, and it's better but still can't get the feel that I had on my Yamahas. So I found a set of 12 forks I may pick up. Just curious if it's direct bolt on and go

I'm not 100% sure on the swap, but TBT racing now offers a spring conversion for the SFF air fork. I talked to Travis at a WORCS race a few months ago and so far feedback has been really good. It may be worth a call before you pull the trigger on 2012 forks. I don't think they have any info on their website.

I have a RT spring conversion on one bike. It's better. But I think the mid valve could be stiffer. Not sure yet. I'm pretty happy with it but not 100% yet. I'll call them tomorrow. See if it's any different than what I have. Thanks

Does anyone know for sure that a set of 2012 forks will bolt right up to a 2016? I can't get comfortable with the air fork. I have the spring conversion on one of my bikes, and it's better but still can't get the feel that I had on my Yamahas. So I found a set of 12 forks I may pick up. Just curious if it's direct bolt on and go

dont quote me on this and i think you may of already known or not. I thought the new SFF air forks are 49mm as oposed to 48mm on the older bike. But im no expert on that. Of course a simple triple clamp swap would fix that

Thank you Spin. I will have to check on that. May call Ride Engineering and see if they can whip up a set of clamps.

Thank you Spin. I will have to check on that. May call Ride Engineering and see if they can whip up a set of clamps.

The forks will fit like for like on your 16 no need to change clamps.

• Like 1

Your talking about the lower fork tube diameter man. Yes it is now 49mm on the showa tac but the outer tube im pretty sure is the same diameter and will fit the kyb aos forks. Trust me ive done it. And mx317 has as well. If u get an a kit you need different clamps. Vinny friese is running thatvset up in canada this year. 2012 forks on his 16 450

Edited by MxPro83

Your talking about the lower fork tube diameter man. Yes it is now 49mm on the showa tac but the outer tube im pretty sure is the same diameter and will fit the kyb aos forks. Trust me ive done it. And mx317 has as well. If u get an a kit you need different clamps. Vinny friese is running thatvset up in canada this year. 2012 forks on his 16 450

Good point. I believe you are correct on that

Duh...yea..it was a long day. I went full retard on that one.