Mellow out 15 450f

Coming from fat orange bike's I am doing my research on the next bike and I am making the switch to yamaha. 

Simple question, could a 2014+ 450F's power hit be tuned into a more linear curve? Something like a 16' wr450f off the bottom. 

Sorry if this has been asked. I tried to research and from what I understand I can somewhat change the engine's power output via tuner but exactly how drastically can it be changed? I am looking for smooth power. 

Thanks for your time TT

Looks like the top end of the WR FX and F motors are are identical down to the gasket sizes. 

The differance lie in the throttle bodies, mapping and crankshaft weight? This would be good news for me as that hand held could probably accomplish what I am looking for. 

I have a 14, done other things to smooth it out for the woods, but the tuner makes a huge difference when I change from mild to wild. It can put the bike to sleep or give it a bump of coke.

• Like 2

I have a 14, done other things to smooth it out for the woods, but the tuner makes a huge difference when I change from mild to wild. It can put the bike to sleep or give it a bump of Care to share

Care to share some maps?

The Dubach exhaust pipe smoothed out the bottom end a lot for me.  Nice and linear, and seemed to have some more zip on top.

I personally like the snap, so I have the stock one back on.  Selling the Dubach if you're interested.

• 2 weeks later...