2006 to 2011Top-end Swap

So lost the top end in my 2006 last weekend at the track and looking to do a full rebuild.

I found a dealer online that is offering the head, valves, valve train components, piston kit, gaskets, and cylinder for $1300 which is a great deal but it's listed as for the 2010/2011.

My question is will it fit with my 2006? I would certainly like the newer lightened valve train components and the newer exhaust port and it's a good price for a full kit of new OEM parts.

My main concerns are the potential for a different head-stay mounting point for the perimeter frame and potential piston issues if Yamaha changed the rod sometime between 2006 and 2010.

Thanks for your input, hopefully somebody has an in-depth knowledge of the 5-valve motor they can share.

I did some more research and the 2006 and 2010 head assembly have the same part number but of course different model numbers proceeding the part number.

With the different port design between the two models having the same part number may not mean much.

I have a brand new 2012 head with valves cams and buckets that I will sell for $750.00.  You must use a 2012 piston  I must tell you that the head stays are different than your 2006 do some more research and find out what must be done to fabricate new head stays for your bike.