Anybody riding this summer in/around Eastern Tennessee?

Made it to Windrock for the first time. I didn't have the kiddo so trail difficulty wasn't an issue. I can see that place easily being my favorite spot to ride just due to the sheer size and diversity of trails. Can't wait to go back, hopefully life allows it sooner rather than later. Here's a link to the playlist of my ride. I've only uploaded about half of it so far. I suck with editing too so it's pretty much the "raw" footage.

• Like 4

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:00 AM, MotoHead said:

Metric I had sent you a message regarding riding with us but I never heard back from you.

Sorry I didn't get back with you, I had a surprise family visit that fouled up my scheduling.  I would like to join the riding group and try to make some of the group rides.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I usually go riding every other week with friends from work.  We go either Tuesday or Wednesday since we work weekends.  Royal Blue, Brimstone, WindRock.  It's always a good time but I'm the only 2-wheeled vehicle, I'd like to find some other motorcycles to ride with.

Where you goin' and when?
I'm looking to buy a bike here soon and would be down to ride. I'm near Knoxville. Also do you, or anyone else who see's this, know if I will need s TDR for windrock or other places and whether or not having it is a pain with only a bill of sale?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2019 at 12:39 PM, Howard94 said:

What's up Tennessee thumpertalk. Me and a few buddies are making a trip down to ride Royal Blue this April. Any nearby trails we should check out. 1 of us is on a quad so it would have to be 4 wheel friendly. 

I highly suggest you do not bother with Royal Blue, unless of course you like mud bogging your bike for some reason. That place becomes an absolute disaster whenever it rains and with how much we've been getting I don't see that place drying up for a long time unfortunately. If you must come down this way to ride an ATV friendly place then head over to Windrock Park instead. Windrock will have some mud holes here and there too of course but much less than Royal Blue. I think this is mostly due to the harder packed terrain.

On 2/8/2019 at 2:51 PM, mortician said:

I'm looking to buy a bike here soon and would be down to ride. I'm near Knoxville. Also do you, or anyone else who see's this, know if I will need s TDR for windrock or other places and whether or not having it is a pain with only a bill of sale?

You don't need a TDR sticker out here. As long as you have a Windrock pass that's all they care about.

Edited by MotoHead

• 1 month later...

I just saw a Youtube of the Doe Mountain Harescramble.  Go to hear they're having races at Doe Mountain now.  In the beginning, there weren't a lot of motos riding there, but there's a lot of potential for some good single track.  Very little mud in this area, so the quads don't trash the trails.  

• Like 1